"Please note field marked * is required"
Nairobi Serena Hotel: It is part of the hotel chain - Serena Hotels & Lodges. At Nairobi Serena hotel all rooms are comfortable, elegantly presented in a fusion of international and pan-African styles.
• The State Suite: The magnificent 120-square-metre State Suite features a spacious master bedroom with ensuite luxury bathroom and dressing area; an extensive drawing room (with plasma TV, audio centre and integrated work-space), a private dining room (and kitchen); a bar, entrance lobby and guest washroom.
• The Bataleur Suite: A stand alone suite of generous proportions, the elegant Bataleur Suite features a spacious ensuite bedroom (with king-sized bed)and a separate sitting room (with integrated work-space).
• Garden suite: Serenity and calm in the centre of the city. The three open-plan Garden Suites offer a spacious room (with king-sized bed), which extends into a sitting room. The sitting room opens on to a private garden patio, which features a charming outdoor pergola (with a table to seat 4), a water feature and a sun-lounging area. The terrace also features a gate, which opens directly on to the hotel grounds.
• Business and executive suites: These are equally viable as presidential, CEO, honeymoon or VIP venues. Selection of luxuriously-appointed suites comprises:
1) The Executive Suites: On offer are six open-plan Executive Suites, each of which feature a king-sized bed, an extended seating area with couches and work-space, and a veranda.
2) The Business Suites: Five Business Suites offer a separate bedroom (with king-sized bed), a sitting room (with work-space), a dining area (with table to accommodate 4), a veranda, and a guest washroom.
• Standard and superior rooms: The majority of rooms are either Standard or Superior rooms, which enjoy views either over the central park, or the Nairobi Cathedral. Interconnecting rooms can be supplied for family groups. Deluxe Rooms have either queen-sized double beds (5x6ft) or twins with separate walk in shower, bathtub glazed windows. A choice of either garden view or city view rooms available. Superior Rooms have king-sized double beds and a private veranda. Note: Accommodation in this hotel can be BOOKED separately or with a Safari. (see safaris)
The Bambara Lounge: It offers a café service, newspapers and private seating throughout the day.
• The Mandhari Restaurant:
It is located on the first floor, overlooking the pool. The restaurant offers a fine-dining experience. Mandhari is renowned for its seasonally inspired menu and extensive wine cellars. It has a spacious interior dining space, which features a magnificent soapstone fresco, a pre-dinner cocktail lounge, a private dining area, a charming outdoor terrace and live piano music.
International theme weeks: A number of internationally renowned chefs are usually invited to visit the Mandhari Restaurant throughout the year and are able to present authentic cuisine from their countries.
• The Café Maghreb: It is an internationally-themed buffet breakfast and lunch. The cafe is Moroccan-styled. It also features table d'hôte dinner menu and 24-hour brasserie service. Café Maghreb also offers a speciality coffee area, and opens directly on to the pool terrace where shaded al fresco seating is also available. Café Maghreb features a special ‘Seafood Night' every Friday, when a wide range of fresh Indian Ocean seafood is cooked on glowing braziers poolside. The cafe also features a Kenyan Lunch every Thursday, which is a buffet selection of both international and Kenyan specialities.
• The Pool Terrace and Bar: The Pool Terrace features the stylish semi-circular Pool Bar, which offers its own café-styled seating around the pool. Offering a wide range of wines, beers, cocktails, juices, teas and coffees, the Pool Bar also serves a tempting selection of poolside snacks throughout the day.
• The Aksum Bar: It opens directly off reception and overlooking the charming water gardens. it is an Ethiopian-inspired Bar, whose walls are decorated with classic Ethiopian icons, and ceiling is hung with hundreds of gold-edged umbrellas. It offers a range of drinks and bar snacks. The Aksum also features a garden terrace and is the venue for live band performance most evenings, live jazz on Thursdays, and live ‘Salsa' music and dance on Saturdays.
Swimming pool – It is a 25-metre heated outdoor pool with sun-deck and café service for you to enjoy hours of sunbathing.
Gymn – You can enjoy hours of body exercise at the gymn. It has both cardio and isotonic machines.
Aerobic studio: – It offers class and workout sessions in: cardiovascular, kick-boxing, dance, salsa, step aerobics, ‘Aero-tone', ‘Astanga Vinyasa' and ‘Hatha' yoga, spinning, ‘Tai chi' and ‘body stretch and sculpture'.
Treatment rooms – There are four treatment rooms offering a wide range of holistic well-being to include: ‘Elemis' massage, facials, body brushing and scrub, aromatherapy, reflexology, manicure and pedicure.
Golf – Guests can play golf at Royal Nairobi Golf Course and the Railway Golf Course.
Other activities include:
- Table tennis.
- Walk around the city centre.
'Maisha’ health club and spa – It is a Mind, Body and Spirit Spa' most popular in Nairobi. Maisha Health Club and Spa in Kenya is one of Nairobi's finest. Spa facilities include Jacuzzi, steam room, sauna, juice bar and sun-deck.
Available are: Spa Face, Ayurvedic Head Massage, Spa Muscle and Andean Hot Stone Therapy among others.
Meeting room facilities:
• The Ballroom Suite: It is inclusive of The Allamanda and Frangipani Function Rooms.
• Conference Centre: It comprises The Amani Room, The Hibiscus, Canna and Lantana Rooms, each with their own break-out spaces.
At Serena you can host a unique range of corporate and social events, all of which are supported by state-of-the-art facilities, orchestrated by highly-trained personnel, luxury accommodation, world-class catering and diverse leisure options and nairobi city excursions.
Flip charts, telephone, WiFi, & high speed internet services are available.
(Make enquiries if you wish to use this venue for your events.)
(Contact us if you wish to use this venue for your wedding.)
Nairobi - is known as one of the best place in East Africa for buying African curios, souvenirs, traditional fabrics, beads, pottery, rugs, woven artifacts and wool. The Maasai Market is opened during different days at different venues.
If you’re looking for just about anything else, from clothing to electronics, Nairobi also boasts a number of excellent, modern shopping centres, malls, supermarkets and department stores which include: Nakumatt supermarkets, Tuskys, Naivas, Uchumi and Chandarana supermarkets among many more.
Family day trips - to keep families entertained you can take day trips to the Nairobi National Park, a visit to the Karen Blixen Museum, an afternoon at the Giraffe Centre, a visit to the Daphne Sheldrick Animal Orphanage, shopping excursions and Kazuri Beads to purchase beads and pottery.
• Nairobi National Park – 10 Kms from the City Center
• Animal Orphanage – 10 Kms from the City Center
• Karen Blixen Museum – 15 Kms from the City Center
• Nairobi National Museum – Just around the corner and within 10 minutes walk
• Bomas of Kenya – 13 Kms from the City Center
• Giraffe Centre – 12 Kms from the City Center
• Elephant Sanctuary – 15 Kms from the City Center
Check-in : 24 hrs Check-out : 24 hrs
Cancellation / Prepayment: Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please indicate the dates of your stay and check with us the terms and conditions that apply to your requested room.
Children and extra beds
Free! One child under 2 years stays free of charge in a child's cot/crib.
Free! One child under 4 years stays free of charge when using existing beds.
One older child or adult is charged additional US$ 100 per night in an extra bed.
The maximum number of extra beds/children's cots permitted in a room is one.
Any type of extra bed or child's cot/crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed and authorised.
Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid separately during your stay.
Pets: Pets may be allowed on request. Charges may be applicable for pets care.
Groups: When booking more than 10 rooms at once, different policies and accommodation discounts may apply.
Accepted credit cards: American Express , Visa , Euro/Mastercard , Diners Club
We reserve the right to pre-authorise credit cards prior to your arrival.
Airport transfers from Jomo Kenyatta International airport are available. Please let us know that we need to pick you up at the airport upon your arrival. Do not assume. Some clients do make their own private transport arrangements.