"Please note field marked * is required"
Serena Beach Resort & Spa
offers luxury ensuite guest rooms that are accommodated in two single-storey dedicated buildings. Each room is tastefully furnished featuring Maasai-inspired hand-painted wall fresco, king-sized bed / luxurious twins, lavish all-encompassing mosquito-curtaining, bathroom (with walk-in shower), writing/vanity unit, and private veranda. Triple rooms can be made available.
Room types include:
• 66 village standard rooms. These are presented in 13th century swahili village style. Rooms on the ground floor have external seating terraces, while the upstairs rooms have their own private seating areas.
• 48 garden rooms. These are surrounded by lawns and palm trees, and look down across the grounds to the sea.
• 32 Superior Prime Rooms. They are exceptionally spacious presented in traditional Swahili style either in red white and yellow or cool blue.
• Family Suite: They have twin-bed children's room with digital multi-channel TV and mini bar (which can be emptied on request)
• Suites: They are viable as a presidential, CEO, honeymoon or VIP venue.
All rooms have: • Entertainment - Free WiFi and digital channels • Food & Drink - Refrigerator and 24-hour room service • Sleep - Turndown service • Bathroom - Ensuite bathtub and shower • Practical - Safe, iron/ironing board, and desk; cribs/infant beds available on request • Comfort - Daily housekeeping • Non-Smoking.
Note: Accommodation in this hotel can be BOOKED separately or with a Safari. (see safaris)
They include: Fountain Restaurant, Jahazi Grill seafood restaurant and Sokoni Terrace brasserie. The hotel also offers a pizza restaurant and ice-cream parlour in the Sokoni Plaza.
• Children's meals: They are generous buffet-styled. Baby-friendly food and high-chairs can be provided. Early children's meals are available from 12 noon and 6.30 pm.
• Coffee lounge: Try out the scintillating cocktails prepared by on-site beverage managers or enjoy a perfectly brewed cup of Kenyan coffee or tea.
• Bubbly breakfast on the beach: A dedicated steward will serve fresh orange juice and sparkling wine, followed by a choice from our full English or American breakfast menu.
• Inside and Outside bars: There is a wide choice of inside and outside bars where guests can wind down to finest collection of wines. For entertainment the main bar lounge offers a variety of live music and barbecues on a regular basis. It is the perfect place to relax after a tough day.
• Swimming pools - The swimming pool and sun-deck will offer you hours of sunbathing pleasure.
• Gym - The Gym offers you state-of-the-art equipment including weights along with treadmills and lifecycles.
There is FREE ample parking for hotel guests.
Other activities include:
• Children's animation programme • Nature trails • Entry to Butterfly Centre • Participate in Sea Turtle Programme • Camel rides on the beach • Glass-bottom boat rides • Snorkelling • Ping pong, tennis, volley ball, pedalos, wind-surfing, yachting, coconut-picking and archery • Kite surfing, wind-surfing and diving • Giriama dancing • Interactive trips to local villages and local schools • Educational evening talks • Board games and books on Africa and wildlife.
• Spa: Serena Mind, Body, Spirit Spa, is a sanctuary of calm. It is surrounded by strong walls of natural coral, which totally exclude the outside world. The spa facilities feature four individual treatment rooms with hot showers, steam bath, sauna, restrooms, changing rooms and treatment rooms. They are designed to meet your most discerning expectations while in Mombasa.
Business & Conferencing:
Available is a dedicated world-class event and conference centre. It stands on its own grounds for privacy and offers a choice of three air-conditioned event or conference spaces, private kitchens, central Persian garden and extensive outdoor terraces.
• PA system, table microphones, cordless microphones, TV/Video/DVD, LCD projector/screen, podium, white boards/flip charts and markers
• Wi-Fi connectivity
• Delegate pads, pens/pencils and 1-litre mineral water
• Modern, modular events furniture, which can be tailored to your specifications
• Business support (secretarial services, photo-copying, Wi-Fi and a full range of global communications)
• Registration staff and conference organization support
• Floral services
• 24-hour generator back-up
• Travel desk for onward bookings or local safaris
• Concierge services
• Limousine and taxi services
• ‘Meet and greet' services
• A wide range of CEO suites
• Extensive secure parking
• Health Club and Spa for your delegates
• Team-building programmes.
Flip charts, telephone, WiFi, & high speed internet services are available.
(Make enquiries if you wish to use this venue for your events.)
Weddings are special. All formalities; from registrar to certificate, cake to champagne will be arranged. We ensure that on the big day, we take the strain, leaving you to enjoy one of the happiest days of your lives. On offer are special wedding packages suited for the celebration. The packages includes: accommodation in Zanzibar & Lamu suites that fits the occassion, themed dinners, romantic dinners for two, breakfast-in-bed and more...
The Presidential Suite for honeymoon is presented on two levels and offers a spacious reception room, a private sitting room, a master bedroom and a large terrace with dining area and al fresco shower.
(Contact us if you wish to use this venue for your weddings, anniversaries, engagements and those special days.)
Mombasa town - is known for its African curios, souvenirs, traditional fabrics, beads, pottery, rugs, woven artifacts and wool.
If you are looking for clothing and electronics, Mombasa boasts a number of excellent, modern shopping centres, malls, supermarkets and department stores such as: Nakumatt supermarkets, Tuskys, Naivas and Uchumi supermarkets among many more. Excellent eateries such as KFC, Galitos, Tenessee chicken, Chinese and Indian restaurants are plenty within the many shopping malls around the city.
Family day trips/excursions - to keep families entertained you can take day trips to: • nearby Haller Nature Park • visits to snake farms and ‘Wild Waters' water park • visit ‘Ngomongo' Cultural Village, Mombasa Marine Park, Shimba Hills National Park, Gedi Ruins, 17th century Portuguese fort Jesus and Mombasa Old Town.
Check-in : 24 hrs Check-out : 24 hrs
Cancellation / Prepayment: Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please indicate the dates of your stay and check with us the terms and conditions that apply to your requested room.
Children and extra beds
Free! One child from 0 to 3 years stays free of charge in a child's cot/crib.
The maximum number of extra beds/children's cots permitted in a room is one.
Any type of extra bed or child's cot/crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed and authorised.
Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid separately during your stay.
Groups: When booking more than 10 rooms at once, different policies on accommodation and transport discounts may apply.
Accepted credit cards: American Express , Visa , Euro/Mastercard , Diners Club
We reserve the right to pre-authorise credit cards prior to your arrival.
Airport transfers from Moi International airport are available. Please let us know that we need to pick you up at the airport upon your arrival. Do not assume. Some clients do make their own private transport arrangements.