"Please note field marked * is required"
Essque Zalu Zanzibar is a modern 5 star resort located on Nungwi Beach, Zanzibar, Tanzania. The hotel is located next to a lush forest 1 minute walk direct access to the beach. On site are 3 restaurants and 3 bars where fine dining can be enjoyed at A La Carte and The Market Kitchen restaurants. A variety of massages and beauty treatments are available at Zalu. The hotel offers:
• 40 suites
• 8 three and four bedroom private villas.
Suites - All 40 of them comprise of a spacious master bedroom, lounge and outside terrace or balcony. Guests can choose: ✓Ocean Front ✓Sea view or ✓Garden view suites. They have maximum occupancy of 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children. These suites are the ideal destination choice for couples seeking a romantic getaway and families looking for luxury.
Villas - All of them feature own private plunge pool, in room dining, a private massage area, spacious living room and kitchen. The maximum occupancy is as follows - 3 bedroom villas sleeps 6 adults while 4 bedroom villas sleeps 8 adults.
Features: ✓ LCD televisions ✓ Premium satellite channels ✓ Spacious master bedroom ✓ Outside terrace ✓ Makuti roof ✓ Free WiFi ✓ Free private parking ✓ Sitting area ✓ Air-conditioning ✓ Telephone ✓ Mini-bar ✓ Tea & coffee making facilities ✓ Hairdryer ✓ En-suite bathrooms ✓ Toiletries. ✓ Babysitting services are provided.
Note 2: Accommodation in this hotel can be BOOKED separately or with a Safari. (see safaris)
• On-site restaurant - The experienced Chef Nyerere prepares À la carte menu meals that are a fusion dishes with a European slant, as well as barbeques and the occasional Swahili buffet. A vegetarian option is always offered. Food is served throughout the day with a lighter menu of snacks and salads. Packed lunches are available at the property.
• Main Bar - It is presented in traditional Makuti style. With sweeping views of the ocean, the bar lounge is the perfect place to come to after work. There is a cool breeze. Come for drinks or simply for a relaxed evening out with a friend or partner.
• Swimming pools - Enjoy the comfortable pool beds and daily fresh towels at the outdoor pools. The sun-deck will offer you scenic views of the Indian Ocean while giving you hours of sunbathing pleasure.
• Gym - The hotel gym is accessible to all guests including running, synchro, step, rowing and cycling machines as well as free weights.
There is FREE ample parking for hotel guests.
Other activities include:
- Water sports.
• Spa: It offers services which include massages, facials, manicures and pedicures. The spa facilities include a steam bath and a sauna. The spa is designed to meet your most discerning expectations while in Zanzibar.
• Ocean activities - Menai Bay is said to provide good snorkelling sites. Coral reefs provide brilliant sightings of colourful reef fish, turtles and many species of dolphin, while the deeper Indian Ocean gives you the chance to see humpback dolphins.
Other activities include: Snorkeling, fishing, island-hoping in a traditional boat and swimming in open waters with dolphins.
• Visit a spice plantation - Zanzibar is commonly known as the Spice Island. The air is a good mix of cinnamon, cloves, vanilla and pepper. Visit a spice plantation and learn about the tropical plants and spices that are grown on the Island that make it the spice island.
• Zanzibar tour - The island of Zanzibar, known locally as Ugunja is a beautiful and historically rich destination. Stone town offers many historic attractions. Other activities include colorful island adventures.
• Visit Tanzania’s game reserves - The hotel serves as a convenient base from which to discover Tanzania’s game reserves. The game parks northern circuit have a large number of buffalo, hippo, crocodile, wild dog, lion, leopard, impala, antelope and lots more. You can also choose to join the Tanzanian southern circuit from here.
• Climb Mt. Kilimanjaro - Climb the mighty snow-capped Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania standing at 19,341 feet. Mt. Kilimanjaro is undoubtedly the mountain climbers paradise in Africa.
Cancellation / Prepayment:
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please indicate the dates of your stay and check with us the terms and conditions that apply to your requested room.
Children and extra beds
Free! Child under 5 years sharing a room with 1-2 adults.
Children above 6-12 years: 90% adult rate.
Children above 12 years: Full adult rate.
The maximum number of extra beds/children's cots permitted in a room is one.
Any type of extra bed or child's cot/crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed and authorised.
Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid separately during your stay.
Check-in/check-out: Check-in - 14:00 hrs. Check-out - 11:00 hrs.
Day rooms are available from 11:00 – 18:00 hrs at 75% of room rate.
Groups: When booking more than 9 rooms at once, different policies on accommodation and transport discounts may apply.
Accepted credit cards: American Express , Visa , Euro/Mastercard , Diners Club
We reserve the right to pre-authorise credit cards prior to your arrival.
• 24hr Electricity.
• Guarded Complex.
• Pets are not allowed.
• Plugs are 240 V.
• Daily Cleaning Service.
• Airport Shuttle (additional charge).
• Private Check-in/Check-out.
• Packed lunches.
• Ironing Service (additional charge).
• Laundry (additional charge).
• Babysitting/Child Services (additional charge).
• Room Service.
• Languages spoken - Swahili, Dutch, English.
• Nearest airport is Kisauni Airport about 38.6 km away.
Airport transfers from Kisauni Airport are available. Please let us know that we need to pick you up at the airport upon your arrival. Do not assume. Some clients do make their own private transport arrangements.