"Please note field marked * is required"
Green & Blue Ocean Lodge is a 5 star beach hotel located on Matemwe beach in Zanzibar. It is a gorgeously designed beachfront hotel set on a sweeping curve of whitesand beach on the northeastern tip of Zanzibar near the village of Matemwe. Facilities include: 3 infinity pools, beach furniture, spa, bar and a cosy on-site restaurant. The dining room set on its deck is the focal point of the beach hotel. Lunch focuses on light plates of sashimi or lobster salad and dinner is set as an à la carte menu focused on seafoods. The boat-shaped bar is lit up with lanterns thus creating a deeply romantic atmosphere. There are 14 independent thatched villas, all built to the same plan with a sitting area, bathroom, large double bedroom downstairs and a further bedroom/sitting room upstairs.
• Bungalows and Villa - They have lots of room for personality and privacy. The open walls create a cool breeze. The Bungalows and Villas have private outdoor plunge pools with showers to ensure freshness and total relaxation.
• Honeymoon Villa - It measures 250 m2. Individual arrangements for those who are going to get married and for newlyweds can be made. Just tell us what you desire. Zanzibar is the perfect place to make your wish come true and make it an unforgettable experience.
Features: ✓ LCD televisions ✓ Premium satellite channels ✓ Spacious master bedroom ✓ Outside terrace ✓ Makuti roof ✓ Free WiFi ✓ Free private parking ✓ Sitting area ✓ Air-conditioning ✓ Telephone ✓ Mini-bar ✓ Tea & coffee making facilities ✓ Hairdryer ✓ En-suite bathrooms ✓ Toiletries. ✓ Babysitting services are provided.
Note 2: Accommodation in this hotel can be BOOKED separately or with a Safari. (see safaris)
Visiting chefs create really special meals which becomes a real treat for you while in Zanzibar. For instance chef Sohyi Kim from restaurant Kim kocht in Vienna, Austria visited and cooked on New Year’s Eve of 2011. She is a master of fantastic Asian creations. Cuisine includes freshly caught fish and seafood from the ocean and an almost unknown variety of tropical fruits, spices and herbs from the fertile plantations of Zanzibar. The smell of vanilla and cinnamon, cardamom and cloves floats everywhere.
• On-site restaurant:
24h service and kitchen.
À-la-carte selection from a small but excellent menu at all meal times.
Breakfast is à-la-carte.
In the evening dinner is a refined menu or à-la-carte.
• Main Bar - Exquisite wines from all over the world are stored in our wine cellar. With sweeping views of the ocean, the bar lounge is the perfect place to come to after work. There is a cool breeze. Come for drinks or simply for a relaxed evening out with a friend or partner.
• 3 Infinity swimming pools - Enjoy the comfortable pool beds and daily fresh towels at the outdoor pools. The sun-deck will offer you scenic views of the Indian Ocean while giving you hours of sunbathing pleasure.
• Gym - The hotel gym is accessible to all guests including running, synchro, step, rowing and cycling machines as well as free weights.
There is FREE ample parking for hotel guests.
Other activities include:
- Water sports.
- Pool table.
• Thalia spa: It offers services which include massages, facials, manicures and pedicures. The spa facilities include a steam bath and a sauna. African cosmetics Africology are used in the massage and beauty therapies. The spa area has its own pool. It is designed to meet your most discerning expectations while in Zanzibar.
• Ocean activities - Matemwe beach provides good snorkelling sites. Coral reefs provide brilliant sightings of colourful reef fish, turtles and many species of dolphin, while the deeper Indian Ocean gives you the chance to see humpback dolphins. Other activities include: fishing, island-hoping in a traditional boat and swimming in open waters with dolphins.
- Scuba Diving - PADI Scuba Diving School is directly in the hotel bay. The Mnemba reef is right in front.
- Reef Tours - Low tide is the best opportunity to explore the area around the hotel bay and the reef on foot as the water is about knee-high and clear.
- Dhow Cruises - Trips and sunset cruises on a dhow are typical excursions on the wooden sailing boats of Zanzibar.
• Visit a spice plantation - Zanzibar is commonly known as the Spice Island. The air is a good mix of cinnamon, cloves, vanilla and pepper. Visit a spice plantation and learn about the tropical plants and spices that are grown on the Island that make it the spice island.
• Zanzibar tour - The island of Zanzibar, known locally as Ugunja is a beautiful and historically rich destination. Stone town offers many historic attractions. Explore Stone Town which is a World Cultural Heritage site where Portuguese colonial style mingles with Arab and African influences. Other activities include colorful island adventures.
• Visit Tanzania’s game reserves - The hotel serves as a convenient base from which to discover Tanzania’s game reserves. The game parks northern circuit have a large number of buffalo, hippo, crocodile, wild dog, lion, leopard, impala, antelope and lots more. You can also choose to join the Tanzanian southern circuit from here.
• Climb Mt. Kilimanjaro - Climb the mighty snow-capped Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania standing at 19,341 feet. Mt. Kilimanjaro is undoubtedly the mountain climbers paradise in Africa.
Cancellation / Prepayment:
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please indicate the dates of your stay and check with us the terms and conditions that apply to your requested room.
Children and extra beds
Free! Child under 5 years sharing a room with 1-2 adults.
Children above 6-12 years: 90% adult rate.
Children above 12 years: Full adult rate.
The maximum number of extra beds/children's cots permitted in a room is one.
Any type of extra bed or child's cot/crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed and authorised.
Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid separately during your stay.
Check-in/check-out: Check-in - 14:00 hrs. Check-out - 11:00 hrs.
Day rooms are available from 11:00 – 18:00 hrs at 75% of room rate.
Groups: When booking more than 9 rooms at once, different policies on accommodation and transport discounts may apply.
Accepted credit cards: American Express , Visa , Euro/Mastercard , Diners Club
We reserve the right to pre-authorise credit cards prior to your arrival.
• 24hr Electricity.
• Guarded Complex.
• Pets are not allowed.
• Plugs are 240 V.
• Daily Cleaning Service.
• Ironing Service.
• Laundry (additional charge).
• Babysitting/Child Services.
• Room Service.
• Nearest airport is Abeid Amani Karume International Airport about 43.7 km away.
Airport transfers from Abeid Amani Karume International Airport are available. Please let us know that we need to pick you up at the airport upon your arrival. Do not assume. Some clients do make their own private transport arrangements.