"Please note field marked * is required"
Highview Hotel is located along Highway B144 in Karatu Tanzania and boarders Ngorongoro Conservation Area. Karatu is a small dusty town that serves as the gateway to Ngorongoro Crater. Residents here are accustomed to seeing tourists and many of the children will run up to a foreigner and ask for a pen. Many camping safaris from Arusha overnight here to avoid paying the camping fees in Ngorongoro. The hotel has an excellent location with nice views of the surrounding hills and mountains. Facilities in the hotel include: spa center, outdoor pool, on-site restaurant, free private parking, private bathrooms and superior rooms that include a sauna or a hot tub. The food is excellent.
Triple rooms - They have a shared bathroom and 3 single beds.
Double/twin rooms - They have 1 large double bed and 2 single beds respectively.
✓ private bathroom ✓ desk ✓ balcony ✓ large double/twin beds ✓ tastefully decorated ✓ luxury bathrooms ✓ mineral water ✓ air conditioning ✓ room service ✓ private parking ✓ luggage storage ✓ laundry ✓ non-smoking rooms ✓ WiFi.
You can start your day with a continental breakfast followed by an innovative dinner order grilled to order. Dining options offer popular multi-cuisine main dishes and light meals. You will find menus with an international theme available. You can have a glass of refreshing beer or wine or some whisky in the restaurants.
• Pool-side dining: - It serves light meals. You can also enjoy the very best Tanzanian tea and coffee with an assortment of in-house baked cakes and sandwiches at the poolside.
Cuisine include: ✓ African ✓ Indian ✓ Seafood ✓ Local ✓ International ✓ Grill/BBQ.
Dietary options are: ✓ Halal ✓ Vegetarian ✓ Vegan ✓ Gluten-free ✓ Dairy-free.
• The bar offers a cool atmospehere to relax after a busy day. With sweeping views of the hills, the bar lounge is the perfect place to come to after a busy day. Come for drinks or simply for a relaxed evening out with a friend or partner.
• Spa - The spa offers services which include: massages, facials, manicures and pedicures. The spa facilities include a steam bath and a sauna. The spa is designed to meet your most discerning expectations while in Ngorongoro Conservation area.
• Outdoor swimming pool - It is an outdoor pool that offers an open air relaxed environment. It has grass sun-decks and waiter services for you to enjoy hours of sunbathing. It offers expansive views of the crater in the horizon.
• Hiking - There are hiking and biking trails for an exciting day out.
• Lake Eyasi & Manyara day out - These lakes are only a short drive from the lodge. You will carry a lunch box with you for this day out.
• Karatu day out - A visit to Grzimek Memorial site will move you back in time where you will learn about Tanzania's past history. The other important attractions include: a visit to Sumawe complex, surrounding coffee plantations and Ngorongoro highlands forest nature walk.
• Crater forest game drives and guided nature walks - These activities take place daily and will take you into the crater forest reserve. Lunch is exciting and usually done on a carefully selected picnic site. Your tour guides are well versed with the area and will take you to landmarks of interest.
• Wildlife Safari - This area contains over 25,000 large animals including black rhinoceros, wildebeests, zebras, eland, Grant's and Thomson's gazelles. The crater has a known population of lions numbering over 60. Leopards, elephants, mountain reedbuck, buffalos, spotted hyenas, jackals and rare wild dogs are found higher up in the forests. The legendary annual wildebeest migration passes twice through Ngorongoro concervation area.
• Olduvai Gorge - It is the historic site know as "The Cradle of Mankind" where the world famous archeologist, Dr Leakey, discovered the remains of the early man. Olduvai Gorge is a canyon carved by water through the southern part of the Serengeti Plain. The gorge is about 50 km long and in some places 90 metres deep.
• Ngorongoro Conservation area - The Ngorongoro Conservation Area (NCA) was established in 1959, most of it having previously belonged to the now famous Serengeti National Park. The main Ngorongoro crater is the world's sixth-largest unbroken caldera of volcanic eruptions. The crater is the flagship tourism feature of the Ngorongoro Conservation Area. The crater sinks to a depth of 610 metres, with a base area covering 260 square kilometres. Ngorongoro also has two other volcanic craters: Olmoti and Empakai famous for their stunning waterfalls and a deep lake with lush green walls. On the leeward side of the Ngorongoro highlands protrudes the iconic Oldonyo Lengai which is an active volcano that last erupted in 2007. It is Tanzania's third highest peak after Mt. Kilimanjaro and Mt. Meru. Lunch is served in picnic style surrounded by natural wonders as well as the exceptional wildlife roaming freely.
• Visit Ngorongoro Crater - Ngorongoro is often described as one of the wonders of the world. Book a guided tour to explore this incredible area and its wildlife, which includes the rare black rhino.
• Take a Serengeti Game Drive - Get up close and personal with lions, elephants, zebras, buffaloes, crocodiles and more in the Serengeti plains. Safaris offer a once-in-a-lifetime excursion in the best-known wildlife sanctuary in the world.
• Visit the People of Ngorongoro - The most memorable human feature from the Ngorongoro Crater are the Maasai people whose Manyattas are sprinkled on its slopes. They are proud warriors that patrol the crater rim as they graze their cattle. Traditionally the Maasai live off the milk and blood of their beloved cattle and believe that all the world's cattle are theirs by God-given right.
Levies: Rates do not include Tanzania Development Levy which currently stands at US$ 1.5 per person per day including children.
Cancellation / Prepayment: Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please indicate the dates of your stay and check with us the terms and conditions that apply to your requested room.
Payments: Bookings and reservations must be confirmed 90 days prior to your arrival date at the Lodge. Bookings not secured by the appropriate payment will be released.
Children and extra beds
Free! Child under 2 years.
Children above 2-16 years: 90% adult rate.
All further older children are charged 95% adult rate per night for extra beds. The maximum number of extra beds/children's cots permitted in a room is one.
Any type of extra bed or child's cot/crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed and authorised.
Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid separately during your stay.
Check-in/check-out: Check-in - 14:00 hrs. Check-out - 11:00 hrs.
Groups: When booking more than 8 rooms at once, different policies on accommodation and transport discounts may apply.
Accepted credit cards: American Express , Visa , Euro/Mastercard , Diners Club
We reserve the right to pre-authorise credit cards prior to your arrival.
• Guarded Complex.
• Pets are not allowed.
• Daily Cleaning Service.
• Airport Shuttle (additional charge).
• Packed lunches.
• Ironing Service (additional charge).
• Laundry (additional charge).
• Room Services.
• Located on 'Great Wildebeest Migration route'.
Airport transfers are available at an additional charge. Please let us know that we need to pick you up at the airport upon your arrival. Do not assume. Some clients do make their own private transport arrangements.