"Please note field marked * is required"
Hillside Retreat is part of Africa Amini Life hotels located on usa river on the edge of Arusha National Park in Tanzania. The location has great views of Mount Meru and Mukuru hills. The retreat offers a calming atmosphere of the rainforest. In the evening guests can enjoy the carefully prepared food by the local cooks. Hillside Retreat has one of the best locations on Usa River.
The guest houses comprise: 3 bedroom and living room holiday homes that can sleep 7 people. All units have a seating area while some have a dining area and/or patio. There is also a kitchen and a fridge. All units are equipped with hot water, bathtub, internet access and large alcove and dining area on the veranda.
• Holiday homes - They comprise 3 twin-bedrooms. In addition the living room has a sofa bed meaning that 7 people can be accommodated in 1 holiday home.
• Tents - They are located in beautiful surroundings along the riverline. They offer basic tent accommodation with a capacity of 2 people in each tent.
✓ Exclusive dining areas ✓ Luxurious beds ✓ En suite bathrooms ✓ Hairdryer ✓ Bathrobes ✓ Mini-bar ✓ Direct dial telephone ✓ Free Wi-Fi ✓ Satellite TV ✓ Electronic Safe ✓ Air Conditioning.
Note: Accommodation in this hotel can be BOOKED separately or with a Safari. (see safaris)
• Guest house dining - All Guest houses have a dining area and/or patio. There is also a kitchen and a fridge where guests can cook their own meals. Ingredients are picked fresh from own gardens in addition to those from the local groceries market.
• Tented accommodation - They are located outdoors out in the forest under tall shady trees or a site overlooking the usa waters. Guests will be provided with camping equipment that will include cooking own meals out in the open. It gives guests a wild living experience. Meals can be accompanied by the finest wines both local and international.
• Bar - Guests houses have a mini-bar that is fully stocked where residents can enjoy a wide range of both local and international beers and a wide range of exotic cocktails in their own privacy.
• Holiday homes swimming pools - Enjoy the comfortable pool beds and daily fresh towels at the outdoor pool. The sun-deck will offer you scenic views of Mt. Meru and the surrounding forests while giving you hours of sunbathing pleasure.
• River walks - A 2-hour walk on river Meru which borders Arusha National Park can be walked along almost all the way from its source to Maasai land. There is a chance to encounter giraffes, dik-diks and many bird species. The river walk starts with a picnic at the foot of Mount Meru and ends at the village of Ngarenanyuki.
• Nature walks on Meru land and Maasai savannah - These are unique and untouched by civilization. Experienced tour guides will lead you for about 2-hours through the flora and fauna on trails only known to the locals. The vast savannah is home to innumerable medicinal herbs used by the Maasai. The Meru swamp is home to tortoises, birds and snakes that find breeding grounds here. The swamp is considered to be home to the python. The tour will end with a picnic on an island.
• Visiting Arusha landmarks - You can visit the old German boma, Uhuru monument, Arusha central market, Sakina supermarket, Njiro Complex, Sables square shopping village, Philips supermarket, Ngurdoto Museum, Ngurdoto Crater National Park and small Serengeti.
• Coffee tour - It is a three-hour guided tour that wends its way through villages. One of the local farmers will walk you through the process of growing, picking and drying the berries, before a tour of the factory where the coffee is ground and packaged as the delicious final Tanzanian product.
• Explore Lake Duluti - Go conoeing on Lake Duluti. It is a crater lake enclosed by plush slopes of forest. The lake offers good sites for picnics. You will have great views of Mt. Meru and Mt. Kilimanjaro at a distance. Guest can enjoy sundowners by the lake.
• Mountain biking - Guests can explore the surrounding coffee plantations on a mountain bike. It is 2 hr expedition on a bicycle that meanders through colourful village life and rural scenery zigzagging up to the hills of Mt. Meru before spiralling back. It is a good day out activity for both adults and children.
• Hike Mount Meru - It is Africa’s 5th highest mountain. Mountain climbers can hike Mt. Meru for fun which is less challenging compared to Mt. Kilimanjaro (The tallest in Africa).
• Visit the crater lakes of Arusha National Park The park is only a short drive away. It offers the perfect day out activities for families and business teams. There is abundant wildlife to see here and park visitors can not be disappointed.
• Guided nature walks / bird walks - You will explore the surrounding forests. They offer good sites for guided nature and bird walks. There are many bird species to see in Arusha.
• Tanzania’s game reserves - The hotel serves as a convenient base from which to discover Tanzania’s game reserves. The game parks northern circuit have a large number of buffalo, hippo, crocodile, wild dog, lion, leopard, impala, antelope and lots more.
• Climb Mt. Kilimanjaro - Climb the mighty snow-capped Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania standing at 19,341 feet. Mt. Kilimanjaro is undoubtedly the mountain climbers paradise in Africa.
Cancellation / Prepayment:
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please indicate the dates of your stay and check with us the terms and conditions that apply to your requested room.
Children and extra beds
Free! Child under 3 years sharing a room with 1-2 adults.
Children above 12 years: Full adult rate.
The maximum number of extra beds/children's cots permitted in a room is one.
Any type of extra bed or child's cot/crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed and authorised.
Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid separately during your stay.
Check-in/check-out: Check-in - 12:00 noon. Check-out - 10:00 hrs.
Groups: When booking more than 8 rooms at once, different policies on accommodation and transport discounts may apply.
Accepted credit cards: American Express , Visa , Euro/Mastercard , Diners Club
We reserve the right to pre-authorise credit cards prior to your arrival.
• Shuttle and taxi services.
• Luggage storage facilities.
• Ample secure parking.
• Outdoor swimming pool.
• 24hr Electricity.
• Guarded Complex.
Airport transfers from Kilimanjaro International airport are available. Please let us know that we need to pick you up at the airport upon your arrival. Do not assume. Some clients do make their own private transport arrangements.