"Please note field marked * is required"
‘Kati Kati’ tented camp follows the wildebeest migration in central Serengeti National Park in June, July, August, September, October, November and mid December till March. Serengeti National Park is one of the largest wildlife sanctuaries which remain on the planet earth and the largest National Park of Tanzania. Serengeti is situated on a high plateau which extends from east to west from the highlands of Ngorongoro to Lake Victoria and continues to the north to the Masai-Mara game reserve in Kenya. At the end of the rains in April and May, around a million gnus and zebras congregate in the central plains of the Park and commence a spectacular migration which takes them towards Lake Victoria on the west and towards Masai Mara to the north.
Central Serengeti area June, November & Mid December.
Ndutu area Mid December, January, February & March.
There are special arrangements for Honeymooners.
Kati Kati camp offers 11 spacious tents with a private en-suite bathroom which includes a camp shower, wash basin and toilet. All of the tents have large beds (double or two singles). Electricity is provided by solar panels.
Room services: ✓ WC ✓ Solar Electricity ✓ Bucket Shower ✓ Room Service ✓ Mineral Water.
• 10 Standard tents - These are spacious tents with en-suite facilities that are either double, twin or triple. All rooms feature a verandah with views of the Serengeti plains. Capacity is 2 & 3 persons.
• 1 Family tent - These are 2-interconnected tents sharing one bathroom. The family tent has a capacity of up to 4 travelers. Tent feature a private verandah with great views of the Serengeti plains.
Each sleeping tent includes: ✓ Bedroom area ✓ Dressing area ✓ Ensuite shower ✓ Toilet ✓ Lounge area ✓ Bucket shower.
Tent facilities are all “open air” to heighten the experience of living in the bush. However, privacy is still assured from the clever design of your tent. As an added convenience, each tent is provided with sufficient electricity for lighting. This is a luxury bush accommodation that will offer you surprises each day.
Facilities include: ✓ 10 standard tents and 1 family tent ✓ dining tent ✓ lounge tent for rest and relaxation ✓ camp fire ✓ wireless internet connectivity ✓ welcome drink & fresh towel ✓ well stocked bar ✓ laundry (extra cost) ✓ balloon safaris.
Note 1: The camp is open all year except in April.
Dining areas include the Mess tent that has a cosy indoor and outdoor dining experiences.
• Outdoor dining around the camp fire.
• Picnics by arrangement.
• Dining tent - It offers breakfast and lunch presented in buffet-style and feature a wide range of international choices. Guests can enjoy a ‘full English Breakfast' as well as other European options. Lunch menus include meat, poultry, fish and vegetarian options. Dinner menus feature salad buffets, soups, entrée, pudding, cheese and biscuits and tea or coffee. Vegetarian options are always available. The majority of meat and dairy products as well as fruits and vegetables are sourced from the communities that surround the area.
• Bush breakfast/bush diner - They are arranged at carefully selected spots on the Serengeti plains. The diner site will present tables, safari chairs, cocktails and hot meals where a range of meats, poultry, fish and vegetables are brought on-site. Supplements include soups, salads and puddings from the dining tent.
• Sun-downer cocktails – These takes place in the evenings and are traditionally served around a campfire followed by a lamp-lit bush dinner. It is the concept of having drinks whilst watching the sun go down that dates back to the times of the great safaris of the 1920's.
• Romantic outdoor dining - A dining table is set up on a unique spot outside your tent for a romantic meal under the stars. Meals are delicious with an emphasis on simple fresh organic salads, platters, burgers, pizzas and sandwiches.
• Bar/lounge tent - The lounge tent has a well stocked bar which serves a selection of wines, spirits, beers and minerals. Relax at the bar lounge with a soft drink, beer or perhaps a nice glass of wine. The bar lounge is the perfect place to come to after a safari. Come for drinks or simply for a relaxed evening out with your family, partner or friend.
• Campfire - It is a place where you can relax after a busy day. Every evening the fire is lit at sunset. It is the perfect place to enjoy an after dinner drink under the African skies while chatting with fellow guests or friends.
• Wildebeest migration game drive - The most outstanding characteristic of this gigantic Serengeti ecosystem is the enormous concentration of herbivore, gnu, zebras and antelopes on its plains and their annual migration. The gnu dominate in Serengeti and its herds are made up of hundreds of thousands. When the smell of rain reaches the pregnant cows they head south to the short grass plains where the new green shoots emerging up through the mineral-rich volcanic soil, provide essential nutrition for the unborn calves, usually born in the month of February in the far south. After the birthing season and at the end of the long rains of April and May, the animals return north, passing through the western corridor on their way back across the border and the Mara River into Kenya.
• Day excursion - Guests can have a day out to explore Serengeti Plains in Serengeti National Park. The area is an out-standing natural beauty offering magnificent sights. For bird watchers, there are many species of birds you can spot. More than 500 bird species have been recorded from the enormous ostriches to the tiny honey birds. It is a delight day out for any fan of ornithology.
• Balloon safari: An early morning balloon safari provided before breakfast gives you more chance to explore this game park. Wildebeests and the scenery from a birds eye view is breathtaking
(Note – Hot air balloon is an excursion booked separately. It is advisable that you book it early to avoid disappointment.)
• Walking Safaris include nature trails along the rocky terrain and the Serengeti plains. You will discover the abundant plant life, birds, reptiles and insects of this area.
• BIG FIVE Safari - Learn about the five most popular animals to search for while on your African safari: the lion, leopard, buffalo, elephant and rhinoceros.
• Take a Serengeti Game Drive - Get up close and personal with lions, elephants, zebras, buffaloes, crocodiles and more. Safaris offer a once-in-a-lifetime excursion in the best-known wildlife sanctuary in the world.
• Visit Ngorongoro Crater - Ngorongoro is often described as one of the wonders of the world. It boasts the world's largest intact volcanic caldera (a cauldron-like feature formed by the collapse of land after a volcanic eruption). Book a guided tour to explore this incredible area and its wildlife, which includes the rare black rhino.
• Visit the museum and Olduvai gorge - The camp is situated an hour’s drive from this important archaeological site where Louis and Mary Leakey carried out important early mankind discoveries.
• Visit Moru and Maasai Kopjes - Discover these unusual islands of eroded granite rock situated in a sea of grass and with a unique ecosystem.
• Visit a Maasai village - Visit a traditional Maasai village last thing in the afternoon, where one can see the traditional way of life of the Maasai tribe.
Levies: Rates do not include Tanzania Development Levy which currently stands at US$ 1.5 per person per day including children.
Cancellation / Prepayment: Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please indicate the dates of your stay and check with us the terms and conditions that apply to your requested room.
Payments: Bookings and reservations must be confirmed 90 days prior to your arrival date at the Lodge. Bookings not secured by the appropriate payment will be released.
Children and extra beds
Not allowed! Child under 2 years.
Children above 3-16 years: 90% adult rate.
All further older children are charged 95% adult rate per night for extra beds. The maximum number of extra beds/children's cots permitted in a room is one.
Any type of extra bed or child's cot/crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed and authorised.
Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid separately during your stay.
Check-in/check-out: Check-in - 12:00 hrs. Check-out - 10:00 hrs.
Groups: When booking more than 10 rooms at once, different policies on accommodation and transport discounts may apply.
Accepted credit cards: American Express , Visa , Euro/Mastercard , Diners Club
We reserve the right to pre-authorise credit cards prior to your arrival.
• Guarded Complex.
• Pets are not allowed.
• Daily Cleaning Service.
• Airport Shuttle (additional charge).
• Packed lunches.
• Ironing Service (additional charge).
• Laundry (additional charge).
• Butler Services.
• Located on 'Great Wildebeest Migration route'.
Airport transfers are available at an additional charge. Please let us know that we need to pick you up at the airport upon your arrival. Do not assume. Some clients do make their own private transport arrangements.