"Please note field marked * is required"
Kisiwa House was constructed in 1840 by a wealthy Omani merchant. It is located on Baghani Street in Stone Town, Zanzibar, Tanzania. Guests enter through the original 150 year old brass-studded door to the sculptural staircase that twists and turns up 4 floors. It is a perfect honeymoon holiday hotel while elderly travellers will have an opportunity to wind back in time. The hotel offers 11 luxurious rooms and suites categorised as:
• Burdani deluxe rooms - 4 of these rooms have double beds and 1 has a twin bed. They are located on each floor. The Twin room has a stand alone shower and a freestanding bath decorated with elegant Swahili styles.
• Malkia junior suites - These 3 suites are located one on each floor and are larger than the Burdani rooms. 2 of these suites have a stand alone shower and a freestanding bath. The remaining one has a separate sitting area and are ideal for a family with children.
• Sulaima senior suites - These are the largest of all the rooms and were named after the owner matriarch of the family Sulaima Bint Al Barwani. They are 2 very specious guest rooms that are tastefully and elegantly furnished. They are perfect rooms for a romantic holiday in Zanzibar.
Features: ✓ Flat-screen TVs ✓ Satellite television ✓ Wireless Internet access ✓ Air-conditioning ✓ Personal safe ✓ Telephone ✓ Mini-bar ✓ Tea & coffee making facilities ✓ Hairdryer ✓ En-suite bathrooms ✓ Toiletries.
Note 1: Kisiwa on the Beach is a new luxury accommodation addition with the most modern in-room facilities. All rooms have plush interiors with lustrous colours and textiles that whisper relaxation and romance.
Note 2: Accommodation in this hotel can be BOOKED separately or with a Safari. (see safaris)
Guests can enjoy a meal at the on-site restaurant. Rooftop dining offers the perfect spot for a romantic environment with great views of the Indian Ocean.
• Main Restaurant - The restaurant offers continental cuisine with a variety of tasty and delicious entrees. The restaurant prides itself in serving the finest cuisine exclusively tailored to suit guests desires.
• Poolside dining There is an all-day menu with a wide choice of international dishes.
• Bar - It offers a wide range of both local and international beverages and a wide range of exotic cocktails.
• Pool - Enjoy a cocktail at the poolside. Available is a range of drinks and snacks which are available all day.
• Swimming pool - Enjoy the comfortable pool beds and daily fresh towels at the outdoor pool. The sun-deck will offer you scenic views of the Indian Ocean while giving you hours of sunbathing pleasure.
• Gym - The hotel gym is accessible to all guests including running, synchro, step, rowing and cycling machines as well as free weights.
There is FREE ample parking for hotel guests.
Other activities include:
- Water sports.
• Spa: It offers services which include massages, facials, manicures and pedicures. The spa facilities include a steam bath and a sauna. The spa is designed to meet your most discerning expectations while in Zanzibar.
• Zanzibar tour - The island of Zanzibar, known locally as Ugunja is a beautiful and historically rich destination. It offers many attractions including colorful island adventures.
• Visit Tanzania’s game reserves - The hotel serves as a convenient base from which to discover Tanzania’s game reserves. The game parks northern circuit have a large number of buffalo, hippo, crocodile, wild dog, lion, leopard, impala, antelope and lots more. You can also choose to join the Tanzanian southern circuit from here.
• Climb Mt. Kilimanjaro - Climb the mighty snow-capped Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania standing at 19,341 feet. Mt. Kilimanjaro is undoubtedly the mountain climbers paradise in Africa.
Other activities include: Snorkeling, fishing, island-hoping in a traditional boat, swimming in open waters with dolphins, spice tours and visiting stone town.
Cancellation / Prepayment:
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please indicate the dates of your stay and check with us the terms and conditions that apply to your requested room.
Children and extra beds
Free! Child under 5 years sharing a room with 1-2 adults.
Children above 6-12 years: 90% adult rate.
Children above 12 years: Full adult rate.
The maximum number of extra beds/children's cots permitted in a room is one.
Any type of extra bed or child's cot/crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed and authorised.
Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid separately during your stay.
Check-in/check-out: Check-in - 14:00 hrs. Check-out - 12:00 noon.
Day rooms are available from 10:00 – 18:00 hrs at 75% of room rate.
Groups: When booking more than 9 rooms at once, different policies on accommodation and transport discounts may apply.
Accepted credit cards: American Express , Visa , Euro/Mastercard , Diners Club
We reserve the right to pre-authorise credit cards prior to your arrival.
• 24hr Electricity.
• Guarded Complex.
• Pets are not allowed.
• Plugs are 240 V.
Airport transfers from Zanzibar International airport are available. Please let us know that we need to pick you up at the airport upon your arrival. Do not assume. Some clients do make their own private transport arrangements.