"Please note field marked * is required"
Lake Manyara Nationa Park is a narrow strip measuring 330 sq km of arid land and forest running between the Gregory Rift wall on the west and Lake Manyara which is an alkaline soda-lake on the east. Lake Manyara is one of Africa’s alkaline water lakes. Marang forest reserve are ground water forests that give you a superior change from the more Savanna dominated parks. Lake Manyara National Park is known for its large flocks of flamingos that inhabit the lake during the wet season. For game drives, the game-viewing vehicles are open-sided with a canvas roof and the canvas sides can be rolled down in case of rain. Vehicles are fitted with coolers to keep drinks deliciously cold. A private game-viewing vehicle can be booked by prior arrangement. In the morning, guests can maximise their game-viewing safari by taking a delicious picnic breakfast to enjoy under the shade of a tree. In the evening, guests can sip a cold gin & tonic at Endala and Msasa picnic sites or the Hippo pool where visitors can watch the sunset. A safari to this park is usually taken as part of a 'northern circuit' Tanzanian safari. For cultural safaris guests can visit Mayoka village and Mayoka farm. Many lodge and campsite accommodations are available. They include Migunga camp, Oremiti tented lodge and lake manyara hotel among others.
• Mountain hike biking - For scenery lake manyara national park is your ultimate Tanzanian destination. You can explore the area on a bicycle. There are many locations available on the Gregory rift wall that has undulating hills and valleys. Mt. Losimingori and Mto wa Mbu escarpment are good hiking excursions day-outs. The park is dotted with other hills, rock formations and valleys that provide the perfect opportunity to hike to various points of interest. Your tour guide will show you all the places of interest. The park has a lot to offer to the visitor.
• Flamingos paradise - Lake Manyara National Park located 126 kilometers west of Arusha is known for its large flocks of flamingos during the wet season. The park is a bird watchers paradise with over 400 birds species found in this area. The park offers a breathtaking scenery. Birds such as Klipspringer are common along the ramps of the escarpment.
• Wildlife - Wildlife you will likely spot include cheetahs, elephants, monkeys, dik-diks, gazelles, hippos, giraffes, impala and zebras. The hippo pool near the main gate park headquarters is a major attraction. Here you will find part of the big five family that include: elephants, buffalos, lions and leopards. Other common animals you will easily spot are herds of wildebeest, zebras, impalas, giraffes, hippos, troops of baboons, hornbills and various antelopes. Reptiles and amphibians such as crocodiles, snakes, lizards and frogs can be found here as well. There is a hippo pool inhabited by hippos and crocodiles situated a few kilometers south of the main gate park headquarters entrance gate.
• Walking safaris - A walking safari is one of the most intimate ways to experience the bush. You will be accompanied by an experienced armed guide and local animal tracker. With an eye-to-eye encounter with the wildlife, your senses will be heightened and the sights, sounds and smells of the bush will come alive.
• Bird walks - You will take a bird-walk along the lake shores accompanied by a local guide expert in the history of the area. More than 400 different species of birds inhabit the park. You will have a checklist of birds that you can use to identify which birds you spot.
• Biking safaris - You can take a wildlife exploration safari along the lake shores on a bike. A cultural tour to Mayoka village and Mayoka farm is also an exciting day-out activity. You will be accompanied by an experienced tour guide who will take you to various points of interest.
• Hot-air balloon safaris - There is nothing quite like gliding serenely over the vast Marang forest and the lake that shines below you, on a romantic and evocative balloon safari. This will be at an additional cost.
(Note – Hot air balloon is an excursion booked separately. It is advisable that you book it early to avoid disappointment.)
Visitors to the game park can find different types of accommodation according to their budget ranging from lodges, luxury tented camps, open-air camping sites and fly camping options. Accommodation include among others:
• Kirurumu Manyara Lodge - It is set high on the edge of the Great Rift Valley and enjoys marvellous panoramic view eastwards over Lake Manyara, the Rift floor and Mt. Losimingori.
• Lake Manyara Serena lodge - It is a modern, luxurious and gorgeous facility located on the towering Mto wa Mbu escarpment. Losimingori suite ideal for honeymooners offers a level of sophistication rarely seen in other safari lodges in Tanzania.
• camp sites.
• Fly camping sites
• Picnic sites.
Tourist accommodation varies from luxury to the most basic rooms for the budget traveller. It is a tourist destination that is full-filling for those who love excitingly exclusive game drives. Accommodation feature all the neccessary amenities a visitor would require. It is very suitable for all travellers. Manyara airstrip near the main gate park entrance is available for guests on an air safari.
✓ Manyara Wildlife Safari Camp ✓ Kiboko Bush Camp ✓ Migunga Camp ✓ African Wild Campsite ✓ Lake view Campsite ✓ Losirwa Camp ✓ Endbash Lake Show Campsite.
Park entry: The park is open daily from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm.
Entry on foot is prohibited and visitors are turned away after 5:30 pm.
Entry to the park is by smart card, obtained and loaded at the main gates.
The lions and leopards are big cats that are usually not able to climb trees but those in Lake Manyara are known to lounge in the trees while not hunting for prey. Lake Manyara has a big number of elephants, many giraffes, zebras, wildebeest, impala, waterbuck, and warthog. The little known shy Kik’s dik dik is found in this park. Other mammals include: gnu, spotted hyena, hippo and buffalo.
• Rift Valley escarpments - Lake Manyara lake lies on the floor of the great Rift Valley surrounded by the Rift Valley escarpment. There are many sites with hot springs due to the volcanic activity below the surface and the lake's heated ground water.
• By Road: The park lies 126 km south-west of Arusha. It can reached by car in 1½ hrs. The park is also accessible through Babati. The park is also very close to Tarangire National Park for a northern circuit safari.
• By Air: Air transfers are available through Lake Manyara airstrip located near the park headquarters.
(Make sure to contact us if you wish to visit this game park for your next north Tanzanian safari circuit holiday activity.)
Park charges are based on " " Tanzania tourism development tariffs which are reviewed from time to time. The rates we have quoted here are for information purposes and are indicative of the likely park charges you can incur. They are NOT accurate but approximate. However please note that if you have booked a complete wildlife safari package with us, park charges are included in the total cost of your safari at the time of booking. Therefore you need not worry about park entry fee!
Tourism development levy - It currently stands at US$ 1.5 per person per day including children.
• This park accepts Safari Cards.
• Park Entry Fee are based on Tourism development Tarrifs.
• Tanzanian law protects the whole Lake Manyara ecosystem from human pressures. It prevents human-wildlife conflict. As a visitor, you are therefore required to leave the park as tidy as you found it. Litering and dropping rubbish is strictly prohibited. You will be prosecuted if you violate these rules.
• If you take a walking safari along the forests, rivers and lakes, it is your responsibility to ensure that you keep a safe distance from wild animals and wear life jackets and other recommended items for your safety while in the water ways.
• The park is open daily from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm.
• Entry on foot is prohibited and visitors are turned away after 5:30 pm.
• Entry to the park is by smart card only, obtained and loaded at the main gates.
• Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
Scheduled local flight services to Lake Manyara are available from Kilimanjaro, Arusha, Dar es salaam and Zanzibar Airports.
Airport transfers are available at an additional charge. Please let us know that we need to pick you up at the airport upon your arrival. Do not assume.