"Please note field marked * is required"
Lake Manyara Serena Safari Lodge is located on Tanzanias towering Mto wa Mbu escarpment in Lake Manyara National park. The lake is home to over 300 migratory birds including flamingoes, long-crested eagles and grey-headed kingfishers. Facilities include flamingo restaurant, a selection of ensuite rooms and suites, central dining room and bar, outside dining terrace, poolside bar, swimming pool and pool deck, bush dinner site within the grounds and a tented conference room. Activities include private sundowners, lantern-lit poolside cocktail receptions, aromatic massages and sundowners on the cliff. This is a romantic destination for the recently wedded couple.
• Accommodation is comprised of circular two-storey rondavels scattered within the hotel grounds. The Losimingori suite offers a spacious bedroom impeccably appointed with a king-sized double bed with sumptuous furnishings and a marble ensuite bathroom. A separate sitting room provides panoramic views and includes a balcony. The individual cottages are ideal for a honeymoon couple and families. They offer maximum privacy.
Ensuite rooms - These are standard deluxe guest rooms that feature 1 large double bed or 2 twin beds. They are perched high on the escarpment and have great views of the rift valley floor and the lake.
Deluxe suites - These are ensuite spacious double and twin room cottages with 2 king-size double beds, a writing desk, a luggage rack and bedside tables. They have a spacious bed area and a balcony sitting area. They are children friendly and therefore are ideal for families.
Facilities & services include:
✓ cottage accommodation ✓ deluxe suites ✓ ideal for a honeymoon couple ✓ king-size double beds ✓ mosquito nets ✓ marble ensuite bathroom ✓ hot showers ✓ tastefully furnished ✓ writing desk ✓ luggage rack ✓ family rooms ✓ balcony sitting area ✓ private ✓ WiFi ✓ separate sitting room ✓ bedside tables ✓ private parking.
• Flamingo Restaurant - The elegant restaurant is designed to replicate a Maasai boma, with swirling primary colours on textured white walls and traditional paintings. It is the formal dining room that features a cosy dining deck surrounded by an ever green lawn. The double doors lead out on to a broad green grass terrace. Breakfast and lunch are presented in buffet-style and feature a wide range of international choices. Dinner is usually table d’hôte with menus that feature salad buffets, soups, entrée, pudding, cheese and biscuits and tea or coffee. Vegetarian options are always available.
• Bush dining - Begin your day with breakfast in the bush dining area, which is located on the top of the escarpment. There are a number of other dedicated sites, which are typically presented with tables, safari chairs, ‘bush bar’ and a ‘bush kitchen’. A broad range of meats, poultry, fish and vegetables are cooked on-site.
• Lake floor dining - Endala and Msasa picnic sites or the Hippo pool are ideal locations where visitors can watch the sunset. There is so much to see in Lake Manyara National park and therefore many guests prefer to take lunch on the rift valley floor. This is usually provided as a picnic adventure.
• ‘Sundowners’ on the Escarpment - An essential part of any traditional safari is the concept of having drinks whilst watching the sun go down in the horizon. It dates back to the time of the great safaris of the 1920's. Sundowners feature serving of elegant ‘bush' cocktails against the unforgettable backdrop of the African sunset.
• Village Lunch - As a member of the Mbu Cultural Tourism Programme, which is run by the local community, Serena Safari Lodge has developed a dining concept where a “village lunch” is a fully catered cultural event in a rural setting. You will have the opportunity to mingle with the locals and understand their culture and ways of life. Having a meal together will be one of the highlights.
• Bar - The wines list offers a broad selection of old and new world wines, and local and imported beers and spirits. Relax and enjoy your favourite drink or cocktail when reading one of the numerous safaris and Africa dedicated books. The traditionally decorated ambience offers a peaceful and calm atmosphere during the day and in the early evenings.
• Outdoor swimming pool - The lodge has a sky-blue swimming pool perched in a secluded spot high on the escarpment and will offer you hours of swimming exercise and pleasure of sun bathing. It is an outdoor pool that offers an open air relaxed environment. Take time to enjoy the sunshine. The pool area offers expansive panoramic views of the lake below.
• Spa - It has treatment rooms with a choice based on ancient African, Asian and European traditions designed to soothe the spirit, rejuvenate the body and enrich the mind. The spa offers services which include massages, facials, manicures and pedicures. The spa facilities include a steam bath and a sauna. The spa is designed to meet your most discerning expectations while in Lake Manyara National park.
Business & Conferencing:
Business centre - Serena Safari Lodge offers a tented conference room that is spacious for all types of meetings and events. It assures guests of a relaxed atmosphere for serious work and light-hearted team activities. It is equipped with all the amenities to host a successful conference while in Tanzania. Available is a coffee break-room for mid-session snacks.
Conferencing facilities include: • PA system • table microphones • cordless microphones • TV/Video/DVD • LCD projector/screen • podium • white boards/flip charts and markers • Wi-Fi connectivity • Delegate pads • pens/pencils • 1-litre mineral water • secretarial services • photo-copying • registration staff • conference organization support • floral services • 24-hour generator back-up • concierge services • limousine and taxi services • ‘meet and greet' services • wide range of CEO accommodation • team-building programmes.
Flip charts, telephone, WiFi, & high speed internet services are available.
(Make enquiries if you wish to use this venue for your events.)
Serena Safari Lodge offers special wedding packages suited for the celebration. Like your wedding and honeymoon, the memories of your Lake Manyara experience will remain with you forever. Lake Manyara National park in Tanzania is a unique wedding venue that provides the ideal opportunity for an authentic cultural wedding on carefully selected spots, with the local chief, dancers and choir. Alternatively, your ceremony can be held at the pool side within the hotel grounds.
Wedding options include: ✓ Photography and videoing of your special day. ✓ Special accommodation packages for the entire wedding party.
The packages includes: accommodation that fits the occassion, romantic dinners for two, breakfast-in-bed and more...)
(Contact us if you wish to use this venue for your weddings, anniversaries, engagements and those special days.)
• Wildlife - The lions and leopards are big cats that are usually not able to climb trees but those in Lake Manyara are known to lounge in the trees while not hunting for prey. Lake Manyara has a big number of elephants, giraffes, zebras, wildebeest, impala, waterbuck and warthogs. Here you will find 4 of the big five family that include: elephants, buffalos, lions and leopards. Other common animals you will easily spot are large numbers of hippos, troops of baboons, hornbills and various antelopes. Reptiles and amphibians such as crocodiles, snakes, lizards and frogs can be found here as well. There is a hippo pool inhabited by hippos and crocodiles situated a few kilometers south of the main gate park headquarters entrance gate. The hippo pool is a major attraction.
• Flamingos paradise - Lake Manyara National Park located 126 kilometers west of Arusha is known for its large flocks of flamingos during the wet season. The park is a bird watchers paradise with over 400 birds species found in this area. The park offers a breathtaking scenery. Birds such as Klipspringer are common along the ramps of the escarpment.
• Walking safaris - A walking safari is one of the most intimate ways to experience the bush. You will be accompanied by an experienced armed guide and local animal tracker. With an eye-to-eye encounter with the wildlife, your senses will be heightened and the sights, sounds and smells of the bush will come alive.
• Bird walks - You will take a bird-walk along the lake shores accompanied by a local guide expert in the history of the area. More than 400 different species of birds inhabit the park. You will have a checklist of birds that you can use to identify which birds you spot.
• Biking safaris - You can take a wildlife exploration safari along the lake shores on a bike. A cultural tour to Mayoka village and Mayoka farm is also an exciting day-out activity. You will be accompanied by an experienced tour guide who will take you to various points of interest.
• Hot-air balloon safaris - There is nothing quite like gliding serenely over the vast Marang forest and the lake that shines below you, on a romantic and evocative balloon safari. This will be at an additional cost.
(Note – Hot air balloon is an excursion booked separately. It is advisable that you book it early to avoid disappointment.)
• Visit Ngorongoro Crater - Ngorongoro is often described as one of the wonders of the world. It boasts the world's largest intact volcanic caldera (a cauldron-like feature formed by the collapse of land after a volcanic eruption). Book a guided tour to explore this incredible area and its wildlife, which includes the rare black rhino.
Levies: Rates do not include Tanzania Development Levy which currently stands at US$ 1.5 per person per day including children.
Cancellation / Prepayment: Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please indicate the dates of your stay and check with us the terms and conditions that apply to your requested room.
Payments: Bookings and reservations must be confirmed 90 days prior to your arrival date at the Lodge. Bookings not secured by the appropriate payment will be released.
Children and extra beds
Free! Child under 2 years.
Children above 2-7 years: 75% adult rate.
Children above 8-16 years: 90% adult rate.
All further older children are charged 95% adult rate per night for extra beds. The maximum number of extra beds/children's cots permitted in a room is one.
Any type of extra bed or child's cot/crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed and authorised.
Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid separately during your stay.
Check-in/check-out: Check-in - 14:00 hrs. Check-out - 11:00 hrs.
Groups: When booking more than 10 rooms at once, different policies on accommodation and transport discounts may apply.
Accepted credit cards: American Express , Visa , Euro/Mastercard , Diners Club
We reserve the right to pre-authorise credit cards prior to your arrival.
• Guarded Complex.
• Pets are not allowed.
• Daily Cleaning Service.
• Airport Shuttle (additional charge).
• Packed lunches.
• Ironing Service (additional charge).
• Laundry (additional charge).
• Located on 'Northern Tanzania safari circuit'.
The lodge is accessible through Manyara airstrip. Airport transfers are available at an additional charge. Please let us know that we need to pick you up at the airport upon your arrival. Do not assume. Some clients do make their own private transport arrangements.