"Please note field marked * is required"
Lemala Ngorongoro tented camp is a luxury tented camp located in Ngorongoro Conservation Area, Tanzania. The camp is an intimate camp set in a delightful ancient acacia forest on the rim of the crater. Meals are usually served in the mess tent dining area or outdoors. There is also a bar area where guests can relax while enjoying an alcoholic drink in the evening. Guests can relax or read a book in the shared lounge furnished with sofas, rugs and old wood cabinets. A campfire is lit in the evenings.
• The camp offers 9 spacious canvas tents, equipped with a seating area, en suite bathroom with shower and toilet, complimentary water, gas heater and tea-and-coffee making facilities. Each tent has 2 large queen size beds. The tents have 24hr electricity supply, in tent flush toilets, running water and hot showers.
✓ 2 large double beds ✓ outdoor furniture ✓ garden ✓ flush toilet ✓ large safari shower ✓ hot water bottles ✓ winter weight duvets ✓ gas heater ✓ dressing area ✓ grand sofas ✓ corner cabinets in old wood ✓ chests and rugs.
• Mess tent - It has a dining area and separate lounge with a centralized bar area. Meals offered are a fusion of continental and local cuisine to cater for all tastes. Breakfast, lunch or dinner are buffet selections. Lunch and dinner are sometimes served a la carte.
• Bush dining - There are a number of dedicated sites, which are typically presented with tables and safari chairs. A broad range of meats, poultry, fish and vegetables are served on-site.
• Crater floor dining - Entrance to the crater is strictly limited, and also because there is so much to see, therefore many guests prefer to take lunch on the Crater floor. This is usually provided as a picnic adventure.
• Sundowners on the rim of the crater - An essential part of any traditional safari is the concept of having drinks whilst watching the sun go down in the horizon. It dates back to the time of the great safaris of the 1920's. Sundowners feature serving of elegant ‘bush' cocktails against the unforgettable backdrop of the African sunset.
• Mess tent bar - The bar area offers a cool atmospehere to relax after a busy day. With sweeping views of the crater floor, the bar lounge is the perfect place to come to after a game drive. There is a cool atmosphere. Come for drinks or simply for a relaxed evening out with your friends or partner.
• Hiking - There are hiking and biking trails for an exciting day out.
• Crater forest game drives and guided nature walks - These activities take place daily and will take you into the crater forest reserve. Lunch is exciting and usually done on a carefully selected picnic site. Your tour guides are well versed with the area and will take you to landmarks of interest.
• Wildlife Safari - This area contains over 25,000 large animals including black rhinoceros, wildebeests, zebras, eland, Grant's and Thomson's gazelles. The crater has a known population of lions numbering over 60. Leopards, elephants, mountain reedbuck, buffalos, spotted hyenas, jackals and rare wild dogs are found higher up in the forests. The legendary annual wildebeest migration passes twice through Ngorongoro concervation area.
• Olduvai Gorge - It is the historic site know as "The Cradle of Mankind" where the world famous archeologist, Dr Leakey, discovered the remains of the early man. Olduvai Gorge is a canyon carved by water through the southern part of the Serengeti Plain. The gorge is about 50 km long and in some places 90 metres deep.
• Ngorongoro Conservation area - The Ngorongoro Conservation Area (NCA) was established in 1959, most of it having previously belonged to the now famous Serengeti National Park. The main Ngorongoro crater is the world's sixth-largest unbroken caldera of volcanic eruptions. The crater is the flagship tourism feature of the Ngorongoro Conservation Area. The crater sinks to a depth of 610 metres, with a base area covering 260 square kilometres. Ngorongoro also has two other volcanic craters: Olmoti and Empakai famous for their stunning waterfalls and a deep lake with lush green walls. On the leeward side of the Ngorongoro highlands protrudes the iconic Oldonyo Lengai which is an active volcano that last erupted in 2007. It is Tanzania's third highest peak after Mt. Kilimanjaro and Mt. Meru. Lunch is served in picnic style surrounded by natural wonders as well as the exceptional wildlife roaming freely.
• Visit Ngorongoro Crater - Ngorongoro is often described as one of the wonders of the world. Book a guided tour to explore this incredible area and its wildlife, which includes the rare black rhino.
• Take a Serengeti Game Drive - Get up close and personal with lions, elephants, zebras, buffaloes, crocodiles and more in the Serengeti plains. Safaris offer a once-in-a-lifetime excursion in the best-known wildlife sanctuary in the world.
• Visit the People of Ngorongoro - The most memorable human feature from the Ngorongoro Crater are the Maasai people whose Manyattas are sprinkled on its slopes. They are proud warriors that patrol the crater rim as they graze their cattle. Traditionally the Maasai live off the milk and blood of their beloved cattle and believe that all the world's cattle are theirs by God-given right.
Levies: Rates do not include Tanzania Development Levy which currently stands at US$ 1.5 per person per day including children.
Cancellation / Prepayment: Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please indicate the dates of your stay and check with us the terms and conditions that apply to your requested room.
Payments: Bookings and reservations must be confirmed 90 days prior to your arrival date at the Lodge. Bookings not secured by the appropriate payment will be released.
Children and extra beds
Free! Child under 4 years.
Children above 5-16 years: 90% adult rate.
All further older children are charged 95% adult rate per night for extra beds. The maximum number of extra beds/children's cots permitted in a room is one.
Any type of extra bed or child's cot/crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed and authorised.
Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid separately during your stay.
Check-in/check-out: Check-in - 14:00 hrs. Check-out - 11:00 hrs.
Groups: When booking more than 10 rooms at once, different policies on accommodation and transport discounts may apply.
Accepted credit cards: American Express , Visa , Euro/Mastercard , Diners Club
We reserve the right to pre-authorise credit cards prior to your arrival.
• Guarded Complex.
• Pets are not allowed.
• Daily Cleaning Service.
• Airport Shuttle (additional charge).
• Packed lunches.
• Ironing Service (additional charge).
• Laundry (additional charge).
• Room Services.
• Located on 'Great Wildebeest Migration route'.
Airport transfers are available at an additional charge. Please let us know that we need to pick you up at the airport upon your arrival. Do not assume. Some clients do make their own private transport arrangements.