"Please note field marked * is required"
Maramboi tented camp overlooks the shores of Lake Manyara in Minjingu area, tanzania. It lies on the boundary of Tarangire national park. At the centre of the camp are the main mess area and swimming pool as well as a library and lounge. Sundowners by the lake are a highlight of your visit, as are outdoor dining experience around a camp fire under a star filled sky. Activities include a visit to Kondoa cave paintings, masai village tours, and game drives. You will see large herds of elephants and spot zebras, giraffes, warthogs and many gazelles in the national parks. The area is a birders paradise during the rainy season and comes to life from July to October when wildebeests migrate past the lodge to the permanent water sources of lake Manyara and Tarangire’s swamps. The lodge makes a fine base for a Tarangire low budget wildlife safari, walking safari and night game drives.
• Accommodation on offer include: 34 standard tents, 8 suites and 2 units with interconnected rooms. The rooms are permanent tents sitting on raised wooden platforms and are surprisingly good given the price. They are large, tastefully furnished and clean with flush toilets and 24 hour electricity.
SUITE TENT - These are stylish tents build on wooden platforms with en-suite facilities overlooking lake Manyara. They have double, twin or triple rooms. All rooms feature a balcony with great views of the surrounding plains and the lake shores. They have a capacity of 2 - 3 persons.
INTERCONNECTED TENTS - Available are 2 interconnected tents ideal for families build on wooden platforms and overlook lake Manyara. These are perfect for guests with children. Each tent offers adequate privacy for the family. They have a capacity of 3 - 5 persons.
✓ private bathroom ✓ seating area ✓ free toiletries ✓ large double/twin beds ✓ tastefully decorated ✓ bath or shower ✓ mosquito net ✓ terrace ✓ room service ✓ private parking ✓ luggage storage ✓ solar electricity ✓ mineral water ✓ WiFi ✓ fan.
The dining room and lounge are situated on the main area built on a raised deck. This is where you will find comfortable sofas and armchairs and a selection of board games. You can start your day with a continental breakfast followed by an innovative dinner grilled to order. Dining options offer popular multi-cuisine main dishes and light meals. You will find menus with an international theme available.
• Outdoor dining - Every evening a fire is lit where guests can relax and enjoy the sunset whilst enjoying a drink and if the weather is good guests can have dinner outside under the stars. Drinks include local beers and wines.
• Pool-side dining: - It serves light meals. You can also enjoy the very best Tanzanian tea and coffee with an assortment of in-house baked cakes and sandwiches at the poolside.
• Bush dining: - It is a dining experience under the stars in the wild. You can also enjoy a special meal on the lake shores with live barbeque, traditional music and dance.
• You can have a bottle of refreshing beer or glass of wine or some whisky in the comfortable bar lounge. The bar offers a cool atmospehere to relax after a busy day. With sweeping views of the surrounding plains, the bar lounge is the perfect place to come to after a busy day. Come for drinks or simply for a relaxed evening out with family, friend or partner.
• Game drive in tarangire national park - Each morning and afternoon, game drives can be arranged to visit Tarangire National Park. Tarangire National Park is known for its high density of elephants and large baobab trees. The Tarangire ecosystem is host to some of the long-distance migration of wildebeest and zebras from Serengeti and Masai Mara. The best time to visit the park is during the dry season from June to November when you can expect to see large herds zebras, wildebeests and buffalos. Other animals found here in large numbers include: waterbuck, giraffe, dik dik, impala, eland, grant's gazelle, vervet monkey, mongoose and olive baboon. Predators that you are likely to spot in Tarangire include lions, leopards, cheetah, caracal, honey badgers, dwarf mongoose and wild dogs. A white giraffe was spoted in this park in 2015.
• Guided walks to lake Mayara - You will be accompanied by local guide experts in the history of the surrounding areas. For bird enthusiasts, there are over 500 bird species spotted in this area which include: ostrich, kori bustard, ashy starlings, rufous-tailed weavers, yellow-coloured lovebirds, hornbill, crested cranes, marabou storks, yellow-billed stork, oxpeckers and vultures among many more. You will have a checklist of birds that you can use to identify which birds you spot. You will carry a lunch box with you for this day out.
• Visits to local ethnic groups - You can take an afternoon cultural visit to the villages close to the camp which belong to the Mbugwe tribe. This will offer you an opportunity to learn their history and ways of life.
• Private sundowners - Enjoy an appetizer and cocktail on top of the kopje. It is the perfect place to see the impressive views of lake Burunge and Tarangire game Park.
• Safari to lake Manyara national park - Most of the park area is a thin stretch of land which runs between the Rift and lake Manyara. The park is arid, with woods and its own lake which practically disappears in the dry season. It is a good picnic site.
• Visit the cave paintings in Kondoa - These cave paintings were done over a period of 2 millenniums and constitute an exceptional testimony of the evolution of the region and the beliefs and ideas of the groups of humans that they represented.
• Visit Ngorongoro Conservation area - The Ngorongoro Conservation Area (NCA) was established in 1959, most of it having previously belonged to the now famous Serengeti National Park. The main Ngorongoro crater is the world's sixth-largest unbroken caldera of volcanic eruptions. The crater is the flagship tourism feature of the Ngorongoro Conservation Area. The crater sinks to a depth of 610 metres, with a base area covering 260 square kilometres. Ngorongoro also has two other volcanic craters: Olmoti and Empakai famous for their stunning waterfalls and a deep lake with lush green walls. On the leeward side of the Ngorongoro highlands protrudes the iconic Oldonyo Lengai which is an active volcano that last erupted in 2007. It is Tanzania's third highest peak after Mt. Kilimanjaro and Mt. Meru. Lunch is served in picnic style surrounded by natural wonders as well as the exceptional wildlife roaming freely.
• Visit Ngorongoro Crater - Ngorongoro is often described as one of the wonders of the world. Book a guided tour to explore this incredible area and its wildlife, which includes the rare black rhino.
Levies: Rates do not include Tanzania Development Levy which currently stands at US$ 1.5 per person per day including children.
Cancellation / Prepayment: Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please indicate the dates of your stay and check with us the terms and conditions that apply to your requested room.
Payments: Bookings and reservations must be confirmed 90 days prior to your arrival date at the Lodge. Bookings not secured by the appropriate payment will be released.
Children and extra beds
Free! Child under 2 years.
Children above 2-16 years: 90% adult rate.
All further older children are charged 95% adult rate per night for extra beds. The maximum number of extra beds/children's cots permitted in a room is one.
Any type of extra bed or child's cot/crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed and authorised.
Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid separately during your stay.
Check-in/check-out: Check-in - 14:00 hrs. Check-out - 11:00 hrs.
Groups: When booking more than 8 rooms at once, different policies on accommodation and transport discounts may apply.
Accepted credit cards: American Express , Visa , Euro/Mastercard , Diners Club
We reserve the right to pre-authorise credit cards prior to your arrival.
• Guarded Complex.
• Pets are not allowed.
• Daily Cleaning Service.
• Airport Shuttle (additional charge).
• Packed lunches.
• Ironing Service (additional charge).
• Laundry (additional charge).
• Room Services.
• Located on 'Great Wildebeest Migration route'.
Airport transfers are available at an additional charge. Please let us know that we need to pick you up at the airport upon your arrival. Do not assume. Some clients do make their own private transport arrangements.