"Please note field marked * is required"
Mbalageti Serengeti is located in the western corridor of the Serengeti National Park on Mwamveni hill which has a breathtaking panorama view of the Serengeti Plains and the Mbalageti river. One of the main attractions is the annual migration of wildebeests and zebras. Cuisine is African and International presented in buffet & à la carte menus. Available are:
• 24 exclusive tented chalets - These are 12 located on the 'sunrise side' and another 12 on the 'sunset side' of the hill. They are semi-tented with a back wall of local rock and wooden floor and decorated with a true bush theme. All Chalets have both shower and bathtub. They have double beds, twin or triples. Some of them have a bathtub on the veranda. The chalets are located far apart to ensure privacy and exclusivity. They provide guests with a real safari living experience.
• 2 exclusive family suites - They have 2 bedrooms each. One has a king size bed and the other one has a twin bed. The suites feature luxury accommodation with a TV lounge & dining area. All exclusive-suites have mineral water, bathrobes, slippers, flashlight, umbrellas, walking stick, whistle, binoculars, safe deposit box, an emergency light and satellite Tv.
• Lodge rooms - These are located in the block building in doubles and twins. The lodge rooms are not tented. They are comfortably furnished with all amenities and are beautifully decorated. All lodge rooms have mineral water, flashlight, umbrellas, walking stick and whistle.
• Standard rooms - They have en-suite bathrooms with a shower and its own veranda. They come as doubles and twins and no triple rooms. The standard rooms are located approximately 500 meters from the main building. They are classified as budget rooms and are most suitable for the “one night stop-over” on a budget option for the traveler.
Amenities include: ✓ TV ✓ PARKING ✓ SAFE ✓ ROOM SERVICE ✓ MOSQUITO NET ✓ FANS ✓ HAIRDRYERS.
Note 1: Electricity is provided by a generator from 5:30a.m. -8:30a.m. & 5:00p.m. -10p.m. Special requests of prolonged electricity service will be granted at an additional cost for about US$ 20 per hour.
• Dining room - It offers breakfast and lunch presented in buffet-style and feature a wide range of international choices. Guests can enjoy a ‘full English Breakfast' as well as other European options. Lunch menus include meat, poultry, fish and vegetarian options. Dinner menus feature salad buffets, soups, entrée, pudding, cheese and biscuits and tea or coffee. Vegetarian options are always available.
• Group bush breakfast/bush diner - They are arranged at carefully selected spots on Mwamveni hill overlooking the Serengeti plains. The diner site will present tables, safari chairs, cocktails and hot meals where a range of meats, poultry, fish and vegetables are brought on-site. Supplements include soups, salads and puddings from the dining room.
• Sun-downer cocktails on the plains – These takes place in the evenings and are traditionally served around a campfire followed by a lamp-lit bush dinner. It is the concept of having drinks whilst watching the sun go down that dates back to the times of the great safaris of the 1920's.
• Exclusive romantic outdoor dining - A dining table is set up on a unique spot outside your chalet for a romantic meal under the stars. Meals are delicious with an emphasis on simple fresh organic salads, platters, burgers, pizzas and sandwiches.
• Bar - It is well stocked with a selection of wines, spirits, beers and mineral water. Relax at the bar lounge with a soft drink, beer or perhaps a nice glass of wine. The bar lounge is the perfect place to come to after a safari. Come for drinks or simply for a relaxed evening out with your family, partner or friend.
• Campfire - It is a place where you can relax after a busy day. Every evening the fire is lit at sunset. It is the perfect place to enjoy an after dinner drink under the African skies while chatting with fellow guests or friends.
• Wildebeest migration game drive - When the smell of rain reaches the pregnant cows they head south to the short grass plains where the new green shoots emerging up through the mineral-rich volcanic soil, provide essential nutrition for the unborn calves, usually born in the month of February in the far south. After the birthing season and at the end of the long rains of April and May, the animals return north, passing through the western corridor on their way back across the border and the Mara River into Kenya.
• Day excursion - Guests can have a day out to explore Serengeti National Park. The area is an out-standing natural beauty offering magnificent sights. For bird watchers, there are many species of birds you can spot.
• Balloon safari: An early morning balloon safari provided before breakfast gives you more chance to explore this game park. Wildebeests and the scenery from a birds eye view is breathtaking
(Note – Hot air balloon is an excursion booked separately. It is advisable that you book it early to avoid disappointment.)
• Walking Safaris include nature trails along the rocky terrain and the Serengeti plains. You will discover the abundant plant life, birds, reptiles and insects of this area.
• BIG FIVE Safari - Learn about the five most popular animals to search for while on your African safari: the lion, leopard, buffalo, elephant and rhinoceros.
• Take a Serengeti Game Drive - Get up close and personal with lions, elephants, zebras, buffaloes, crocodiles and more. Safaris offer a once-in-a-lifetime excursion in the best-known wildlife sanctuary in the world.
• Visit Ngorongoro Crater - Ngorongoro is often described as one of the wonders of the world. It boasts the world's largest intact volcanic caldera (a cauldron-like feature formed by the collapse of land after a volcanic eruption). Book a guided tour to explore this incredible area and its wildlife, which includes the rare black rhino.
Levies: Rates do not include Tanzania Development Levy which currently stands at US$ 1.5 per person per day including children.
Cancellation / Prepayment: Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please indicate the dates of your stay and check with us the terms and conditions that apply to your requested room.
Payments: Bookings and reservations must be confirmed 90 days prior to your arrival date at the Lodge. Bookings not secured by the appropriate payment will be released.
Children and extra beds
Not allowed! Child under 2 years.
Children above 3-16 years: 90% adult rate.
All further older children are charged 95% adult rate per night for extra beds. The maximum number of extra beds/children's cots permitted in a room is one.
Any type of extra bed or child's cot/crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed and authorised.
Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid separately during your stay.
Check-in/check-out: Check-in - 14:00 hrs. Check-out - 11:00 hrs.
Groups: When booking more than 10 rooms at once, different policies on accommodation and transport discounts may apply.
Accepted credit cards: American Express , Visa , Euro/Mastercard , Diners Club
We reserve the right to pre-authorise credit cards prior to your arrival.
• Guarded Complex.
• Pets are not allowed.
• Daily Cleaning Service.
• Airport Shuttle (additional charge).
• Packed lunches.
• Ironing Service (additional charge).
• Laundry (additional charge).
• Butler Services.
• Located on 'Great Wildebeest Migration route'.
Airport transfers are available at an additional charge. Please let us know that we need to pick you up at the airport upon your arrival. Do not assume. Some clients do make their own private transport arrangements.