"Please note field marked * is required"
Mwagusi Safari Camp situated in Ruaha National Park was established in 1987 by Chris Fox who is a wildlife conservation enthusiast. The camp is located on the southern safari circuit. Facilities include 2 communal dining areas, lounge, bar and a reading room. Meals are prepared fresh everyday in the camp, using local produce supplied by local farmers and the nearest town market.
• Accommodation comprises bandas built on the sandy banks of Mwagusi River and provide own private and secluded view. They are built using stones, driftwood and bones. Each banda has a large covered verandah, with a comfortable cushioned seating area and swinging hammock, making this the perfect place to relax and view the passing wildlife. The tented living area inside the banda includes a dressing table and mirror, trunk for storage, comfortable bed with a high-density mattress, safari style chairs and bedside tables for night-time reading.
Luxury tented bandas - They are beautiful in a very natural way and blend perfectly well into the surroundings. The open verandas have sofas, bin-bags and comfy hammocks for the guests to relax and read a book at leisure. They are spacious and well decorated in an easy rustic fashion.
✓ thatched roof ✓ polished red floor ✓ flushing toilet ✓ hot water ✓ shower ✓ sink ✓ shelving ✓ large mirror ✓ good night-time lighting ✓ open verandas ✓ sofas ✓ bin bags ✓ comfy hammocks ✓ spacious ✓ well decorated ✓ face the river bed ✓ rustic luxury ✓ comfortable towels ✓ locally produced clove soap ✓ en-suite bathrooms ✓ mosquito nets ✓ children’s menu ✓ WiFi in public areas ✓ seating areas ✓ king size beds ✓ private parking.
Dining rooms - 2 dining areas are available. The main dining area is built looking into the riverbed and has two large comfortable seating areas. Private dining can be arranged for large groups or newly-wed honeymoon couple. Meals are usually eaten together with managers and other guests. An early morning wake-up call includes tea or coffee in bed. Breakfast includes various pastries, the infamous cinnamon bread, fruit, freshly squeezed orange juice, a traditional hot breakfast, toast and confections. Breakfast can be eaten in camp or guests can opt for a highly-recommended bush breakfast that is set up early for guests to catch the African sunrise followed by a picnic breakfast in the bush. Lunch is buffet style and consists of a large variety of salads with meat or chicken dishes accompanied by a variety of delicious breads. Lunchtime pudding consists of fresh fruit desserts and creamy fruit pastries. Tea, coffee and a delicious cake is served each day in the late afternoon. Dinner is a special occasion, with soup or vegetable starter followed by a cleverly created outdoor buffet of steamed vegetables, meat or chicken dishes, and mixed casseroles. Pudding is served with chocolate or zesty and is fruity.
• Outdoor dining - For those who relish the great outdoors, meals can be served on carefully selected spots outdoors so guests can enjoy a dining experience with a difference and with great views of the park and the grassy plains.
Every evening a fire is lit where guests can relax and enjoy the sunset whilst enjoying a drink. Drinks include local beers and wines. Guests can have dinner outside under the stars.
• Bush dining: - It is a dining experience under the stars in the wild. During the yellow season which is from June-December, guests are treated to unforgettable bush dinners under the African night sky in surprise idyllic settings. You can also enjoy a special meal on a carefully selected spot in the bush.
• In the evening you can have a bottle of refreshing beer or glass of wine or some whisky in the comfortable bar lounge. The bar offers a cool atmospehere to relax after a busy day. With sweeping views of the surrounding forest, the bar lounge is the perfect place to come to after a busy day. Come for drinks or simply for a relaxed evening out with family, friend or partner.
Mwagusi safari camp offers special wedding packages suited for the celebration. Like your wedding and honeymoon, the memories of your Ruaha experience will remain with you forever. Ruaha National park in Tanzania is a unique wedding venue that provides the ideal opportunity for an authentic cultural wedding on carefully selected spots, with the local chief, dancers and choir. Alternatively, your ceremony can be held on the sand riverbed floor in Mwagusi valley.
Wedding options include: ✓ Photography and videoing of your special day. ✓ Special accommodation packages for the entire wedding party.
The packages includes: accommodation that fits the occassion, romantic dinners for two, breakfast-in-bed and more...)
(Contact us if you wish to use this venue for your weddings, anniversaries, engagements and those special days.)
• Game drives in Ruaha national park - The park covers an area of about 13,000 square kilometres. It is part of a more extensive ecosystem, which includes Rungwa Game Reserve, Usangu Game Reserve, Kizigo Game Reserve and the Mbomipa Wildlife Management Area. The name of the park is derived from the Great Ruaha River, which flows along its South-Eastern margin and is the focus for game-viewing safaris. Ruaha National Park is known for its high density of elephants and large baobab trees. The park also holds a special significance as it covers a unique transition zone where the Eastern and Southern biomes intersect thereby offering an extraordinary diversity of animals, plants and birds. There are over 570 species of birds in this area thereby making Ruaha an ideal birding safari destination. Each morning and afternoon, game drives are arranged to explore Ruaha National Park. The 6-seater game-viewing vehicles are open-sided with a canvas roof and the canvas sides can be rolled down in case of rain. Ponchos are provided. All vehicles have power points where guests can recharge devices and all are fitted with fridges to keep drinks deliciously frosty. A private game-viewing vehicle can be booked by prior arrangement. In the morning, guests can maximise their game-viewing safari by taking a delicious picnic breakfast to enjoy under the shade of a tree. In the evening, guests can sip a cold gin & tonic in the heart of the bush as the sun sinks below the horizon.
• Night drives - When the sun sets, the elusive night animals come out to life. Explore the secrets of these shy creatures on a night game drive through Ruaha National Park.
• Walking safaris - A walking safari is one the most intimate ways to experience the bush. You will be accompanied by an experienced armed guide and local animal tracker. With an eye-to-eye encounter with the wildlife, your senses will be heightened and the sights, sounds and smells of the bush will come alive.
• Bird walks day out - You will take a bird-walk along the riverline forests accompanied by a local guide expert in the history of the area. For bird enthusiasts, there are over 570 bird species spotted in this area which include: ostrich, kori bustard, ashy starlings, rufous-tailed weavers, yellow-coloured lovebirds, hornbill, crested cranes, marabou storks, yellow-billed stork, oxpeckers and vultures among many more. You will have a checklist of birds that you can use to identify which birds you spot. You will carry a lunch box with you for this day out.
• Hot-air balloon safaris There is nothing quite like gliding serenely over the vast plains of Ruaha as the wildlife teems below, on a romantic and evocative balloon safari. This will be at an additional cost
• Private sundowners - Enjoy an appetizer and cocktail on the Mwagusi sand river bed or on top of the rocky outcrops. The terrain comprises rugged landscape of undulating hills, rocky outcrops, and a horizon studded with the imposing silhouettes of the iconic baobab trees.
Levies: Rates do not include Tanzania Development Levy which currently stands at US$ 1.5 per person per day including children.
Cancellation / Prepayment: Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please indicate the dates of your stay and check with us the terms and conditions that apply to your requested room.
Payments: Bookings and reservations must be confirmed 90 days prior to your arrival date at the Lodge. Bookings not secured by the appropriate payment will be released.
Children and extra beds
NOT allowed! Child under 5 years.
Children above 6-16 years: 90% adult rate.
All further older children are charged 95% adult rate per night for extra beds. The maximum number of extra beds/children's cots permitted in a room is one.
Any type of extra bed or child's cot/crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed and authorised.
Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid separately during your stay.
Check-in/check-out: Check-in - 14:00 hrs. Check-out - 11:00 hrs.
Groups: When booking more than 6 rooms at once, different policies on accommodation and transport discounts may apply.
Accepted credit cards: American Express , Visa , Euro/Mastercard , Diners Club
We reserve the right to pre-authorise credit cards prior to your arrival.
• Guarded Complex.
• Pets are not allowed.
• Daily Cleaning Service.
• Airport Shuttle (additional charge).
• Packed lunches.
• Ironing Service (additional charge).
• Laundry (additional charge).
• Room Services.
• Located on 'Southern safari circuit'.
The camp is accessible through Msembe airstrip at Msembe park headquarters and Jongomero Airstrip near the Jongomero Ranger Post. Airport transfers are available at an additional charge. Please let us know that we need to pick you up at the airport upon your arrival. Do not assume. Some clients do make their own private transport arrangements.