"Please note field marked * is required"
Ngorongoro Serena Safari Lodge is voted as one of the best tourists hotels in the world. It is located on the crater rim of Ngorongoro crater. The lodge is built from local river stone and it is camouflaged with indigenous vines. The lodge is designed to blend-in completely into the landscape in its entirely. The lodge is invisible from the floor of the crater barely 600 metres below. At the stone hut of the lodge burns a glowing fire, which is kept constantly alight. Ngorongoro Serena Safari Lodge is the ultimate destination for a unique safari experience in Tanzania.
• Accommodation units - On offer are 75 rock-built rooms. They are strung around the crater rim, each with its own rock-enclosed panoramic private balcony. The accommodation units are linked by arched stone passages and timbered decks. Walls are decorated with stylized prehistoric cave paintings and lit by flaring torches.
The suite enjoys a perfect view of the crater and is one of the most desirable accommodation choices. The spacious bedroom is luxurious with a king-sized double bed, walk-in mosquito net and furnishings.
Each room enjoys uninterrupted views of the crater floor.
Single Room - 1 single bed.
Double or Twin Room - 1 extra large double bed.
Triple Room - 3 single beds.
Room facilities include:
✓ Direct dial telephone and Wi-Fi ✓ Laundry, valet and shoeshine services ✓ Mineral water and toiletries ✓ Bathrobe and slippers ✓ 24-hour room service ✓ Safe and hairdryers (from reception) ✓ 24-hour medical service ✓ Children's meals, beds, babysitting.
Food & Drink
• Special diet menus (on request).
• Restaurant (buffet).
• Sundowners on the rim of the crater.
• Picnic lunch on crater floor.
• Early morning breakfast in the crater forest.
• Main dining - It is the formal dining room that features a split-level rock-built deck with a wall of windows that look down on to the crater floor below. The double doors lead out on to a broad viewing terrace. A glowing central fireplace is decorated with prehistoric cave paintings and lit by stylized torches offering a one-of-a-kind dining experience. Breakfast and lunch are presented in buffet-style and feature a wide range of international choices. Dinner is usually table d’hôte with menus that feature salad buffets, soups, entrée, pudding, cheese and biscuits and tea or coffee. Vegetarian options are always available.
• Bush dining - There are a number of dedicated sites, which are typically presented with tables, safari chairs, ‘bush bar’ and a ‘bush kitchen’. A broad range of meats, poultry, fish and vegetables are cooked on-site.
• Crater floor dining - Entrance to the crater is strictly limited, and also because there is so much to see, therefore many guests prefer to take lunch on the Crater floor. This is usually provided as a picnic adventure.
• Sundowners on the rim of the crater - An essential part of any traditional safari is the concept of having drinks whilst watching the sun go down in the horizon. It dates back to the time of the great safaris of the 1920's. Sundowners feature serving of elegant ‘bush' cocktails against the unforgettable backdrop of the African sunset.
• Bar - The wines list offers a broad selection of old and new world wines, and local and imported beers and spirits. Relax and enjoy your favourite drink or cocktail when reading one of the numerous safaris and Africa dedicated books. The traditionally decorated ambience offers a peaceful and calm atmosphere during the day and in the early evenings.
• Earth & Rain Spa - It has 2 treatment rooms. It is an experience like no other. Choices of treatments are based on ancient African, Asian and European traditions designed to soothe the spirit, rejuvenate the body and enrich the mind. The spa offers services which include massages, facials, manicures and pedicures. The spa facilities include a steam bath and a sauna. The spa is designed to meet your most discerning expectations while in Ngorongoro Conservation area.
• Swimming pool - It is an outdoor pool with sun-deck and café service for you to enjoy hours of sunbathing.
Business & Conferencing:
Conferencing facility - Ngorongoro Serena has its own dedicated under-canvas conference or event space, which stands in the grounds with stunning views over the crater rim. It is exceptionally spacious and the venue features a raised wooden floor and canvas walls and ceilings. It has an added attraction of a stylish safari look and feel.
Facilities include: -
✓ A tented space with external terrace and lawns where delegate reception procedures can be hosted.
✓ Modern, modular events furniture, which can be tailored to your specifications.
✓ PA system, LCD overhead projector, podium, flip charts and marker pens.
✓ Delegate pads, pens/pencils, individual mineral water supply.
✓ Business support (secretarial services, photo-copying, Wi-Fi and a full range of global communications).
✓ ‘Meet and greet' services.
Flip charts, telephone, WiFi, & high speed internet services are available.
(Make enquiries if you wish to use this venue for your events.)
Ngorongoro Serena Safari Lodge offers special wedding packages suited for the celebration. Like your wedding and honeymoon, the memories of your Ngorongoro experience will remain with you forever. Ngorongoro Crater in Tanzania is a unique wedding venue that provides the ideal opportunity for an authentic Maasai wedding on the rim of the Crater, with local chief, dancers and choir. Alternatively, your ceremony can be held on the Crater floor, or on the panoramic terrace of the lodge.
Wedding options include: ✓ Photography and videoing of your special day. ✓ Special accommodation packages for the entire wedding party.
The packages includes: accommodation that fits the occassion, romantic dinners for two, breakfast-in-bed and more...)
(Contact us if you wish to use this venue for your weddings, anniversaries, engagements and those special days.)
• Hiking - There are hiking and biking trails on site for an exciting day out.
• Crater forest game drives and guided nature walks - These activities take place daily and will take you into the crater forest reserve. Lunch is exciting and usually done on a carefully selected picnic site. Your tour guides are well versed with the area and will take you to landmarks of interest.
• Wildlife Safari - This area contains over 25,000 large animals including black rhinoceros, wildebeests, zebras, eland, Grant's and Thomson's gazelles. The crater has a known population of lions numbering over 60. Leopards, elephants, mountain reedbuck, buffalos, spotted hyenas, jackals and rare wild dogs are found higher up in the forests. The legendary annual wildebeest migration passes twice through Ngorongoro concervation area.
• Olduvai Gorge - It is the historic site know as "The Cradle of Mankind" where the world famous archeologist, Dr Leakey, discovered the remains of the early man. Olduvai Gorge is a canyon carved by water through the southern part of the Serengeti Plain. The gorge is about 50 km long and in some places 90 metres deep.
• Ngorongoro Conservation area - The Ngorongoro Conservation Area (NCA) was established in 1959, most of it having previously belonged to the now famous Serengeti National Park. The main Ngorongoro crater is the world's sixth-largest unbroken caldera of volcanic eruptions. The crater is the flagship tourism feature of the Ngorongoro Conservation Area. The crater sinks to a depth of 610 metres, with a base area covering 260 square kilometres. Ngorongoro also has two other volcanic craters: Olmoti and Empakai famous for their stunning waterfalls and a deep lake with lush green walls. On the leeward side of the Ngorongoro highlands protrudes the iconic Oldonyo Lengai which is an active volcano that last erupted in 2007. It is Tanzania's third highest peak after Mt. Kilimanjaro and Mt. Meru. Lunch is served in picnic style surrounded by natural wonders as well as the exceptional wildlife roaming freely.
• Visit Ngorongoro Crater - Ngorongoro is often described as one of the wonders of the world. Book a guided tour to explore this incredible area and its wildlife, which includes the rare black rhino.
• Take a Serengeti Game Drive - Get up close and personal with lions, elephants, zebras, buffaloes, crocodiles and more in the Serengeti plains. Safaris offer a once-in-a-lifetime excursion in the best-known wildlife sanctuary in the world.
• Visit the People of Ngorongoro - The most memorable human feature from the Ngorongoro Crater are the Maasai people whose Manyattas are sprinkled on its slopes. They are proud warriors that patrol the crater rim as they graze their cattle. Traditionally the Maasai live off the milk and blood of their beloved cattle and believe that all the world's cattle are theirs by God-given right.
Levies: Rates do not include Tanzania Development Levy which currently stands at US$ 1.5 per person per day including children.
Cancellation / Prepayment: Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please indicate the dates of your stay and check with us the terms and conditions that apply to your requested room.
Payments: Bookings and reservations must be confirmed 90 days prior to your arrival date at the Lodge. Bookings not secured by the appropriate payment will be released.
Children and extra beds
Free! Child under 2 years.
Children above 3-16 years: 90% adult rate.
All further older children are charged 95% adult rate per night for extra beds. The maximum number of extra beds/children's cots permitted in a room is one.
Any type of extra bed or child's cot/crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed and authorised.
Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid separately during your stay.
Check-in/check-out: Check-in - 14:00 hrs. Check-out - 11:00 hrs.
Groups: When booking more than 10 rooms at once, different policies on accommodation and transport discounts may apply.
Accepted credit cards: American Express , Visa , Euro/Mastercard , Diners Club
We reserve the right to pre-authorise credit cards prior to your arrival.
• Guarded Complex.
• Pets are not allowed.
• Daily Cleaning Service.
• Airport Shuttle (additional charge).
• Packed lunches.
• Ironing Service (additional charge).
• Laundry (additional charge).
• Butler Services.
• Located on 'Great Wildebeest Migration route'.
Airport transfers are available at an additional charge. Please let us know that we need to pick you up at the airport upon your arrival. Do not assume. Some clients do make their own private transport arrangements.