"Please note field marked * is required"
Ngorongoro Oldeani Mountain Lodge is a 5-star colonial-style type of lodge set on 40 acres of pristine lush gree gardens located in Karatu, Tanzania which is less than 15 minutes drive to Ngorongoro crater. The lodge is situated on a hill with spectacular views of Oldeani mountain and the Ngorongoro crater rim. The lodge is elevated with 360 degree views that extend all the way to Lake Eyasi and Lake Manyara. Oldeani Safari Lodge is the ideal place in which to base your Northern circuit safari experience. The main house has all the luxuries including main lounge, grand central hallway, dining room, spa, boutique, conference room, media (TV) room, outside fire place, rim flow pool, billiards room, internet cafe and childrens' activity room. Dining is table d'hotel with international & traditional cuisine. Ravine dinner experience is provided at secluded bush ravines. All guest rooms are tastefully furnished as one would expect in a 5 star tourist hotel.
• Accommodation includes:
- 48 standard suites
24 Deluxe twin suites with 2 single beds.
24 Deluxe double suites with 1 extra-large double bed.
- 2 presidential suites
2 luxury 2 bedroom villas.
✓ extra-large double/twin beds ✓ tastefully decorated ✓ have infinite views of the surrounding area ✓ luxury bathrooms ✓ soap & towels ✓ mineral water ✓ air conditioning ✓ room Service ✓ cigar & whisky Bar ✓ garden with a terrace ✓ private parking ✓ crater view location ✓ ravine dinner experience ✓ childrens' activity room.
• Main dining room - It is open for breakfast, lunch, high tea and dinner. Dining is table d'hotel with international & traditional cuisine. Guests will enjoy delicious meals served by local chefs. Tea and coffee are served all day long.
• Ravine dining - This is a bush dinner experience at a secluded bush ravine which is typically presented with tables and safari chairs. A broad range of meats, poultry, fish and vegetables are served on-site. There are a number of other dedicated sites for a memorable bush dining experience.
• Crater floor dining - Entrance to the crater is strictly limited, and also because there is so much to see, therefore many guests prefer to take lunch on the Crater floor. This is usually provided as a picnic adventure such as lerai.
• Sundowners on the rim of the crater - An essential part of any traditional safari is the concept of having drinks whilst watching the sun go down in the horizon. It dates back to the time of the great safaris of the 1920's. Sundowners feature serving of elegant ‘bush' cocktails against the unforgettable backdrop of the African sunset.
• Cigar & Whisky bar - The bar area offers a cool atmospehere to relax after a busy day. With sweeping views of Oldeani mountain and crater forest, the bar lounge is the perfect place to come to after a game drive. There is a cool atmosphere. Come for drinks or simply for a relaxed evening out with your friends or partner.
• Spa - The spa offers services which include: massages, facials, manicures and pedicures. The spa facilities include a steam bath and a sauna. The spa is designed to meet your most discerning expectations while in Ngorongoro Conservation area.
• Outdoor swimming pool - It is an outdoor pool with sun-deck and café service for you to enjoy hours of sunbathing. It offers expansive views of the crater rim.
Business & Conferencing:
Conferencing facility - Oldeani Safari Lodge conference room is spacious and is fitted with a high ceiling . It assures guests of a relaxed atmosphere for serious work and light-hearted team activities. It is equipped with all the amenities to host a successful conference while in Tanzania. Available is an adjoining room for mid-session snacks and sundowner cocktails.
Conferencing facilities include: • PA system • table microphones • cordless microphones • TV/Video/DVD • LCD projector/screen • podium • white boards/flip charts and markers • Wi-Fi connectivity • Delegate pads • pens/pencils • 1-litre mineral water • secretarial services • photo-copying • registration staff • conference organization support • floral services • 24-hour generator back-up • concierge services • limousine and taxi services • ‘meet and greet' services • wide range of CEO accommodation • team-building programmes.
Flip charts, telephone, WiFi, & high speed internet services are available.
(Make enquiries if you wish to use this venue for your events.)
Oldeani Safari Lodge offers special wedding packages suited for the celebration. Like your wedding and honeymoon, the memories of your Ngorongoro experience will remain with you forever. Ngorongoro Crater in Tanzania is a unique wedding venue that provides the ideal opportunity for an authentic Maasai wedding on the rim of the Crater, with local chief, dancers and choir. Alternatively, your ceremony can be held on the Crater floor, or on the panoramic terrace of the lodge.
Wedding options include: ✓ Photography and videoing of your special day. ✓ Special accommodation packages for the entire wedding party.
The packages includes: accommodation that fits the occassion, romantic dinners for two, breakfast-in-bed and more...)
(Contact us if you wish to use this venue for your weddings, anniversaries, engagements and those special days.)
• Hiking - There are hiking and biking trails for an exciting day out.
• Lake Eyasi & Manyara day out - These lakes are only a short drive from the lodge. You will carry a lunch box with you for this day out.
• Karatu day out - A visit to Grzimek Memorial site will move you back in time where you will learn about Tanzania's past history. The other important attractions include: a visit to Sumawe complex, surrounding coffee plantations and Ngorongoro highlands forest nature walk.
• Crater forest game drives and guided nature walks - These activities take place daily and will take you into the crater forest reserve. Lunch is exciting and usually done on a carefully selected picnic site. Your tour guides are well versed with the area and will take you to landmarks of interest.
• Wildlife Safari - This area contains over 25,000 large animals including black rhinoceros, wildebeests, zebras, eland, Grant's and Thomson's gazelles. The crater has a known population of lions numbering over 60. Leopards, elephants, mountain reedbuck, buffalos, spotted hyenas, jackals and rare wild dogs are found higher up in the forests. The legendary annual wildebeest migration passes twice through Ngorongoro concervation area.
• Olduvai Gorge - It is the historic site know as "The Cradle of Mankind" where the world famous archeologist, Dr Leakey, discovered the remains of the early man. Olduvai Gorge is a canyon carved by water through the southern part of the Serengeti Plain. The gorge is about 50 km long and in some places 90 metres deep.
• Ngorongoro Conservation area - The Ngorongoro Conservation Area (NCA) was established in 1959, most of it having previously belonged to the now famous Serengeti National Park. The main Ngorongoro crater is the world's sixth-largest unbroken caldera of volcanic eruptions. The crater is the flagship tourism feature of the Ngorongoro Conservation Area. The crater sinks to a depth of 610 metres, with a base area covering 260 square kilometres. Ngorongoro also has two other volcanic craters: Olmoti and Empakai famous for their stunning waterfalls and a deep lake with lush green walls. On the leeward side of the Ngorongoro highlands protrudes the iconic Oldonyo Lengai which is an active volcano that last erupted in 2007. It is Tanzania's third highest peak after Mt. Kilimanjaro and Mt. Meru. Lunch is served in picnic style surrounded by natural wonders as well as the exceptional wildlife roaming freely.
• Visit Ngorongoro Crater - Ngorongoro is often described as one of the wonders of the world. Book a guided tour to explore this incredible area and its wildlife, which includes the rare black rhino.
• Take a Serengeti Game Drive - Get up close and personal with lions, elephants, zebras, buffaloes, crocodiles and more in the Serengeti plains. Safaris offer a once-in-a-lifetime excursion in the best-known wildlife sanctuary in the world.
• Visit the People of Ngorongoro - The most memorable human feature from the Ngorongoro Crater are the Maasai people whose Manyattas are sprinkled on its slopes. They are proud warriors that patrol the crater rim as they graze their cattle. Traditionally the Maasai live off the milk and blood of their beloved cattle and believe that all the world's cattle are theirs by God-given right.
Levies: Rates do not include Tanzania Development Levy which currently stands at US$ 1.5 per person per day including children.
Cancellation / Prepayment: Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please indicate the dates of your stay and check with us the terms and conditions that apply to your requested room.
Payments: Bookings and reservations must be confirmed 90 days prior to your arrival date at the Lodge. Bookings not secured by the appropriate payment will be released.
Children and extra beds
Free! Child under 2 years.
Children above 2-16 years: 90% adult rate.
All further older children are charged 95% adult rate per night for extra beds. The maximum number of extra beds/children's cots permitted in a room is one.
Any type of extra bed or child's cot/crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed and authorised.
Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid separately during your stay.
Check-in/check-out: Check-in - 14:00 hrs. Check-out - 11:00 hrs.
Groups: When booking more than 8 rooms at once, different policies on accommodation and transport discounts may apply.
Accepted credit cards: American Express , Visa , Euro/Mastercard , Diners Club
We reserve the right to pre-authorise credit cards prior to your arrival.
• Guarded Complex.
• Pets are not allowed.
• Daily Cleaning Service.
• Airport Shuttle (additional charge).
• Packed lunches.
• Ironing Service (additional charge).
• Laundry (additional charge).
• Room Services.
• Located on 'Great Wildebeest Migration route'.
Airport transfers are available at an additional charge. Please let us know that we need to pick you up at the airport upon your arrival. Do not assume. Some clients do make their own private transport arrangements.