"Please note field marked * is required"
The Oyster Bay Hotel is located on Oyster Bay, Toure drive in Daresalaam which is an affluent neighborhood and an attractive beach. Europeans have resided here since the colonial times. The hotel is 12 km from the centre of Dar es Salaam. It offers 8 airy suites that come with free Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs, desks and balconies with ocean views. Amenities include an outdoor pool, a fitness centre and made-to-order meals and drinks. Parking is free. The Oyster Bay is like staying with friends.
These suites are either king or twin with the following ammenities: ✓ Luxurious ocean facing guest suites ✓ Spacious to the extreme (70 sqm) ✓ Luxurious bathrooms ✓ Air-conditioned ✓ Fabulously furnished in contemporary African style ✓ Suites reflect modern day African tastes ✓ WiFi ✓ Cool with natural colours ✓ Comfortable lounge furniture ✓ Writing desks ✓ Plasma screen televisions ✓ French doors to allow for cooling by 'tropical breeze'.
You will feel that you are staying somewhere special and that your stay in Dar es Salaam becomes another highlight of your holiday. Hotel has extensive lounges and terraces overlooking mature gardens, swimming pool and it is within secure walking distance to the Oyster Bay shopping centre.
Note: Accommodation in this hotel can be BOOKED separately or with a Safari. (see safaris)
Like a private house, if there is something you like whether it is a Pimms by the pool or a cup of cocoa by your bedside it can be arranged with a smile.
• Just like staying with good friends – everything has been planned around your stay. It does not matter what time you arrive and how long you stay, there will always be something appropriate whether it is breakfast, morning coffee and cakes, pre lunch cocktails, lunch, afternoon tea, cocktails or dinner and a night cap.
• For those arriving on late flights - there will be a cold lobster and a glass of fizz waiting for you before bed.
• For those having to get up for a ridiculously early check in at the airport - your driver will be waiting and a cup of tea with cold lobster and a glass of juice can start the day.
• The bar offers a cool atmospehere to relax after a busy day. With sweeping views of the ocean, the bar lounge is the perfect place to come to after work. There is a cool breeze. Come for drinks or simply for a relaxed evening out with a friend or partner.
• Outdoor swimming pool - This is a fifteen-meter lap pool in the garden and a combination of pool decks and sun bathing and shady areas.
• Gym - The gym is accessible to all guests including running, synchro, step, rowing and cycling machines as well as free weights. Hotel's gymnasium also offers aerobics and yoga classes.
There is FREE ample parking for hotel guests.
Other activities include:
- Table tennis.
Spa: All the spa attendants are well practiced at caring for ‘weary’ travellers and will soon have you in the mood to enjoy. Unwind with a soothing massage or body treatment at the The Spa. It offers services which include massages, facials, manicures and pedicures. The spa facilities include a steam bath and a sauna. The spa is designed to meet your most discerning expectations while in Dar es salaam.
Business & Conferencing:
• The gardens have been professionally landscaped. They have cool white flowers with wonderful frangipane trees, tuber roses and white bougainvillea that offer good spots for outdoor activities. The hotel is a good choice for hosting small events such as board and family meetings.
The hotel offers airport transfer and taxi services. The grounds are perfectly designed to meet different meetings requirements.
Facilities include: ✓ Audio-visual equipment ✓ Photocopying, fax, telephone, and stationery ✓ WI-FI ✓ Event facilities ✓ Free Parking ✓ Airport Pickup ✓ Car Hire.
Flip charts, telephone, WiFi, & high speed internet services are available.
(Make enquiries if you wish to use this venue for your events.)
• Weddings are special. On offer are special wedding packages suited for the celebration. The packages includes: accommodation that fits the occassion, romantic dinners for two, breakfast-in-bed and more...)
(Contact us if you wish to use this venue for your weddings, anniversaries, engagements and those special days.)
- Visit: ✓ National Museum of Tanzania and ✓ The Tanzanite Museum or spend a day on the beach. Go snorkeling, fishing and diving. Tee off at the Gymkhana Golf course or take a 20-minute flight to Mikumi Wildlife Reserve. Guests can visit the Dar es Salaam Yacht Club and go sailing or visit the Slipway Arts and Crafts Center. Popular recreation area offers bookshops, open-air restaurants and pubs. Be sure to visit the Village Museum, Sea Cliff Village and Shoppers Plaza.
• Shopping - Dar es Salaam is known as one of the best place in East Africa for buying African curios, souvenirs, traditional fabrics, beads, pottery, rugs, woven artifacts and wool.
• Zoo & Museum - Guests can have a day out at the zoo and museum.
• Bongoyo and Mbudya Islands - Guests can enjoy a boat ride to Bongoyo and Mbudya Islands. Boat services run back and forth between the islands daily.
• Botanical Gardens - The hotel is a convenient base from which guests can have a day out at the
• Tanzania’s game reserves - The hotel serves as a convenient base from which to discover Tanzania’s game reserves. The game parks have a large number of buffalo, hippo, crocodile, wild dog, lion, leopard, impala, antelope and lots more.
• Beach lovers - For beach lovers the hotel is located on the beautiful Dar es salaam bay, with its pristine, powdery white sand and crystal clear waters. Here guest can enjoy sun and sand.
• The Slipway Craft Market - It is also nearby and has a number of stalls and shops selling local crafts, artwork, carvings, materials and trinkets.
Cancellation / Prepayment:
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please indicate the dates of your stay and check with us the terms and conditions that apply to your requested room.
Children and extra beds
Free! One child from 0 to 3 years stays free of charge in a child's cot/crib.
The maximum number of extra beds/children's cots permitted in a room is one.
Any type of extra bed or child's cot/crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed and authorised.
Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid separately during your stay.
Groups: When booking more than 8 rooms at once, different policies on accommodation and transport discounts may apply.
Accepted credit cards: American Express , Visa , Euro/Mastercard , Diners Club
We reserve the right to pre-authorise credit cards prior to your arrival.
• Check-in Time: 2:00 p.m.
• Check-out Time: 10:00 a.m.
• 24hr Electricity.
• A Gazebo for relaxing.
• A study room for working.
• Guarded Complex.
• Security Guard.
Airport transfers from Julius Nyerere International airport are available. Please let us know that we need to pick you up at the airport upon your arrival. Do not assume. Some clients do make their own private transport arrangements.