"Please note field marked * is required"
Protea Hotel by Marriott Dar es Salaam Courtyard is only 4 minutes walk from Palm Beach. It is near the Askari Monument, the National Museum and House of Culture. Protea Hotel Courtyard is part of Protea Hotels by Marriott Hotel Chain and offers 52 en-suite rooms built around a beautiful, lush, green courtyard with great views of the pool. They are tastefully furnished and are equipped with all modern amenities.
This room features 1 Queen or 2 Twin/Single Bed(s). It is air-conditioned, non-smoking and offers mobility accessible facilities. Maximum Occupancy is 2 and only 1 crib for 1 child is permitted. Superior rooms offer an optimum comfort with a complete range of services & amenities. They provide a space conducive both to work and relaxation.
This room features 1 Queen bed. Room features include air-conditioning, non-smoking and have a living area separated from bed area by a privacy wall. They have high speed internet and are not mobility accessible. They provide a space conducive both to work and relaxation. These rooms have free Wi-Fi and 24 hour room service amomg many more facilities.
✓ Air-conditioned ✓ This room is non-smoking ✓ Evening turndown service ✓ Newspaper delivered to room on request ✓ Lighted makeup mirror ✓ Hair dryer ✓ Slippers ✓ Safe, in room ✓ Desk, writing / work, electrical outlet ✓ TV features: remote control, 32in/81cm, and flat screen ✓ Premium movie channels ✓ Cable/satellite ✓ International cable/satellite ✓ CNN, ESPN, and HBO ✓ Parking facility (free)
You will enjoy staying in a Marriott hotel environment away from home if you book this hotel in Dar es Salaam.
Note: Accommodation in this hotel can be BOOKED separately or with a Safari. (see safaris)
You can start your day with a continental breakfast followed by an innovative dinner order grilled to order. Dining options offer popular multi-cuisine main dishes and light meals. You will find menus with an international theme available. You can have a glass of refreshing beer or wine or some whisky in the restaurants.
• Pool-side dining: - It serves light meals. You can also enjoy the very best Tanzanian tea and coffee with an assortment of in-house baked cakes and sandwiches at the poolside.
Cuisine include: ✓ African ✓ Indian ✓ Seafood ✓ Local ✓ International ✓ Grill/BBQ.
Dietary options are: ✓ Halal ✓ Vegetarian ✓ Vegan ✓ Gluten-free ✓ Dairy-free.
• The bar offers a cool atmospehere to relax after a busy day. With sweeping views of the ocean, the bar lounge is the perfect place to come to after work. There is a cool breeze. Come for drinks or simply for a relaxed evening out with a friend or partner.
• Gym - The hotel's gym offers state-of-the-art equipment to keep you fit and on track during your stay. The gym is accessible to all guests including running, synchro, step, rowing and cycling machines as well as free weights. Hotel's gymnasium also offers aerobics and yoga classes.
• Sparta Gym - It is only 1.9 miles from the hotel offering cardiovascular equipment and free weights.
• Dar Es Salaam Gymkhana Club - It is an 18 hole golf course, 5,216 yards with par for course of 71 which is 0.9 miles. It has a clubhouse, golf shop, driving range and Putting green. Spikes are allowed. There is FREE ample parking for hotel guests.
Other activities include:
- Table tennis.
• Spa: All the spa attendants are well practiced at caring for ‘weary’ travellers and will soon have you in the mood to enjoy. Unwind with a soothing massage or body treatment at the The Spa. It offers services which include massages, facials, manicures and pedicures. The spa facilities include a steam bath and a sauna. The spa is designed to meet your most discerning expectations while in Dar es salaam.
• Lemon Spa is 4.3 miles offering the following services: ✓ Body scrub ✓ Facials ✓ Manicures/pedicures ✓ Massages ✓ Men's services ✓ Waxing.
Note: An appointment is required.
Business & Conferencing:
As a bustling centre of commerce, Dar es Salaam is an ideal place for conferences and meetings in many industries. Protea Hotel Courtyard has 5 function rooms with standard equipment, a 24 hour accessible business center available and foreign exchange on-site. LangiLangi Restaurant, Jahazi Bar and resident coffee shop can cater for small groups/team gatherings. Conference venues have the capacity to seat 10 to 200 delegates. Rooms can be configured in a number of different set-ups, whether you prefer a theatre, reception, or U-shaped layout. All rooms come fully equipped with office supplies, desks, and audio-visual equipment.
Manage Your Event with Ease :
• Group Lists - If you have a list of your guests, we can make reservations for all of them.
• Rooming Lists - We can send you a report showing which of your guests have reserved rooms and when they plan to arrive.
• Mobile Check-In - Guests can check in before their stay, receive instant alerts when their room is ready and check out by skipping the front desk.
Facilities include: ✓ Audio-visual equipment ✓ Photocopying, fax, telephone, and stationery ✓ WI-FI ✓ Event facilities ✓ Free Parking ✓ Airport Pickup ✓ Car Hire.
Flip charts, telephone, WiFi, & high speed internet services are available.
(Make enquiries if you wish to use this venue for your events.)
• Weddings are special. On offer are special wedding packages suited for the celebration. The packages includes: accommodation that fits the occassion, romantic dinners for two, breakfast-in-bed and more...)
(Contact us if you wish to use this venue for your weddings, anniversaries, engagements and those special days.)
✓ National Museum of Tanzania ✓ Coco Beach ✓ Mwenge Woodcarving Market ✓ Kivukoni Fish Market ✓ Bongoyo Island ✓ Slip Way Shopping Center ✓ Village Museum ✓ Kunduchi Wet 'N' Wild Water Park.
• A typical day out - Visit: National Museum of Tanzania and The Tanzanite Museum or spend a day on the beach. Go snorkeling, fishing and diving. Tee off at the Gymkhana Golf course or take a 20-minute flight to Mikumi Wildlife Reserve. Guests can visit the Dar es Salaam Yacht Club and go sailing or visit the Slipway Arts and Crafts Center. Popular recreation area offers bookshops, open-air restaurants and pubs. Be sure to visit the Village Museum, Sea Cliff Village and Shoppers Plaza.
• Shopping - Dar es Salaam is known as one of the best place in East Africa for buying African curios, souvenirs, traditional fabrics, beads, pottery, rugs, woven artifacts and wool.
• Zoo & Museum - Guests can have a day out at the zoo and museum.
• Bongoyo and Mbudya Islands - Guests can enjoy a boat ride to Bongoyo and Mbudya Islands. Boat services run back and forth between the islands daily.
• Botanical Gardens - The hotel is a convenient base from which guests can have a day out at the
• Tanzania’s game reserves - The hotel serves as a convenient base from which to discover Tanzania’s game reserves. The game parks have a large number of buffalo, hippo, crocodile, wild dog, lion, leopard, impala, antelope and lots more.
• Beach lovers - For beach lovers Dar es salaam has many pristine, powdery white sand and crystal clear waters. Guest can enjoy sun, sand and sea.
• The Slipway Craft Market - It is also nearby and has a number of stalls and shops selling local crafts, artwork, carvings, materials and trinkets.
• Themes: ✓ Art & Culture, ✓ Beauty & Wellness, ✓ City & Entertainment, ✓ Family & Fun, ✓ Festivity & Celebration, ✓ Gastronomy & Dining, ✓ Romance & Honeymoon, ✓ Safaris & Tours, ✓ Sport & Adventure.
Cancellation / Prepayment:
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please indicate the dates of your stay and check with us the terms and conditions that apply to your requested room.
Children and extra beds
Free! One child from 0 to 2 years stays free of charge in a child's cot/crib.
Free! One child from 3 to 12 years stays free of charge in an extra bed.
The maximum number of extra beds/children's cots permitted in a room is 1. Any type of extra bed or child's cot/crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.
Pets are not allowed.
Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid separately during your stay.
Groups: When booking more than 9 rooms at once, different policies on accommodation and transport discounts may apply.
Accepted credit cards: American Express , Visa , Euro/Mastercard , Diners Club
We reserve the right to pre-authorise credit cards prior to your arrival.
• Check-in Time: 2:00 p.m.
• Check-out Time: 12:00 noon - 12:30 p.m.
• 24hr Electricity.
• Guarded Complex.
• Security Guard.
Airport transfers from Julius Nyerere International airport are available. Please let us know that we need to pick you up at the airport upon your arrival. Do not assume. Some clients do make their own private transport arrangements.