"Please note field marked * is required"
Roika Tarangire Tented Lodge lies on the banks of Tarangire River about 5km away from the main gate to Tarangire National Park. The lodge is also within driving distance to Lake Manyara and the famous Ngorongoro Crater. Tarangire is a birds paradise with over 500 bird species spotted here. Lodge facilities include a swimming pool, conference hall, olevolos restaurant, rhino bar, gift shop, masai boma, internet cafe and games room. Activities include masai dance, barbeques and sport fishing for mature Tilapia from the lodge fish ponds.
• Accommodation comprises 21 luxury en-suite tents that have unique themes with beautifully handcrafted furniture and uniquely built animal shaped baths as well as showers. Every tent feature coffee making facilities and a private balcony that affords you a relaxed view of Tarangire’s Wilderness. The lodge has a bed occupancy of 52 pax at one go.
Family rooms - These rooms are spacious and have 4 extra-large double beds ideal for families on a luxury northern circuit Tanzanian safari.
Triple rooms - They have 3 single beds. They are large enough with basic amenities. These rooms are ideal for those on budget travel to northern Tanzania.
Double / Twin rooms - They have 1 extra-large double and 2 double beds respectively. They are spacious and ideal for couples or friends on a luxury northern circuit Tanzanian safari.
✓ 4 extra-large double beds ✓ en-suite tents ✓ uniquely built animal shaped baths ✓ coffee making facilities ✓ beautifully handcrafted furniture ✓ private balcony ✓ inter-connecting doors ✓ family rooms have a common verandah ✓ hot water ✓ solar electricity ✓ toilet ✓ Wi-Fi ✓ hairdryers ✓ laundry ✓ mosquito nets ✓ seating areas ✓ private parking.
Olevolos restaurant - Guests can enjoy both a la carte & buffet dining with a huge variety of dishes. A continental breakfast is served each morning. For lunch and dinner the chef delivers inventive dishes using fresh market produce, with an Asian, Oriental and African influences. Meal choices include: international cuisine and regional dishes. On offer is a la carte menu that features a choice of seafood, poultry, beef and lamb. Weather permitting dinner can be served as an outdoor-meal under the trees within the hotel grounds or bush-meal inside the bush. This experience beneath Africa’s star filled sky is quite simply one you will not forget.
Guests can have a picnic basket for lunch arranged should they wish to stay longer in the game parks. Many favourite spots for a quiet bush lunch are available.
• Outdoor dining - For those who relish the great outdoors, the hotel grounds green lawns with mature acacia trees offer outdoor dining spots so guests can enjoy meals with a view over the acacia forests. Every evening a fire is lit where guests can relax and enjoy the sunset whilst enjoying a drink. Drinks include local beers and wines. Guests can have dinner outside under the stars.
• Bush dining: - It is a dining experience under the stars in the wild. You can also enjoy a special meal on a carefully selected spot in the bush.
• In the evening you can have a bottle of refreshing beer or glass of wine or some whisky in the comfortable rhino bar lounge. The bar is fully stocked bar with a wine list of vintage wines. The bar offers a cool atmospehere to relax after a busy day. With sweeping views of the warehole, the bar lounge is the perfect place to come to after a busy day. Come for drinks or simply for a relaxed evening out with family, friend or partner.
Business & Conferencing:
Business centre - Roika Tarangire Tented Lodge offers a conference room that is spacious for all types of meetings and events. It assures guests of a relaxed atmosphere for serious work and light-hearted team activities. It is equipped with all the amenities to host a successful conference while in Tanzania. Available is a coffee break-room for mid-session snacks.
Conferencing facilities include: • PA system • table microphones • cordless microphones • TV/Video/DVD • LCD projector/screen • podium • white boards/flip charts and markers • Wi-Fi connectivity • Delegate pads • pens/pencils • 1-litre mineral water • secretarial services • photo-copying • registration staff • conference organization support • floral services • 24-hour generator back-up • concierge services • limousine and taxi services • ‘meet and greet' services • wide range of CEO accommodation • team-building programmes.
Flip charts, telephone, WiFi, & high speed internet services are available.
(Make enquiries if you wish to use this venue for your events.)
Roika Tarangire Tented Lodge offers special wedding packages suited for the celebration. Like your wedding and honeymoon, the memories of your Tarangire experience will remain with you forever. Tarangire National park in Tanzania is a unique wedding venue that provides the ideal opportunity for an authentic cultural wedding on carefully selected spots, with the local chief, dancers and choir. Alternatively, your ceremony can be held on the Crater floor in the Ngorongoro Crater, or on the expansive swimming pool area of the lodge.
Wedding options include: ✓ Photography and videoing of your special day. ✓ Special accommodation packages for the entire wedding party.
The packages includes: accommodation that fits the occassion, romantic dinners for two, breakfast-in-bed and more...)
(Contact us if you wish to use this venue for your weddings, anniversaries, engagements and those special days.)
• Game drive in tarangire national park - Each morning and afternoon, game drives can be arranged to visit Tarangire National Park. Tarangire National Park is known for its high density of elephants and large baobab trees. The Tarangire ecosystem is host to some of the long-distance migration of wildebeest and zebras from Serengeti and Masai Mara. The best time to visit the park is during the dry season from June to November when you can expect to see large herds zebras, wildebeests and buffalos. Other animals found here in large numbers include: waterbuck, giraffe, dik dik, impala, eland, grant's gazelle, vervet monkey, mongoose and olive baboon. Predators that you are likely to spot in Tarangire include lions, leopards, cheetah, caracal, honey badgers, dwarf mongoose and wild dogs. A white giraffe was spoted in this park in 2015.
• Night drives - As darkness falls, Tanzania’s nightlife comes out to life. Discover the magic of the bush under the stars on an exhilarating night game drive from this lodge.
• Guided walks to lake Mayara - You will be accompanied by local guide experts in the history of the surrounding areas. For bird enthusiasts, there are over 500 bird species spotted in this area which include: ostrich, kori bustard, ashy starlings, rufous-tailed weavers, yellow-coloured lovebirds, hornbill, crested cranes, marabou storks, yellow-billed stork, oxpeckers and vultures among many more. You will have a checklist of birds that you can use to identify which birds you spot. You will carry a lunch box with you for this day out.
• Walking safaris in Tarangire - You will have the privilege of walking with a guide in this spectacular area which is exhilarating and memorable. One of the experienced and highly knowledgeable guides and an armed national park ranger will allow you to discover the most remote parts of Tarangire.
• Hot-air balloon safaris There is nothing quite like gliding serenely over the vast plains of the Tarangire as the wildlife teems below, on a romantic and evocative balloon safari. This will be at an additional cost
• Private sundowners - Enjoy an appetizer and cocktail on top of the kopje. It is the perfect place to see the impressive views of lake Burunge and Tarangire game Park.
• Safari to lake Manyara national park - Most of the park area is a thin stretch of land which runs between the Rift and lake Manyara. The park is arid, with woods and its own lake which practically disappears in the dry season. It is a good picnic site.
• Visit the cave paintings in Kondoa - These cave paintings were done over a period of 2 millenniums and constitute an exceptional testimony of the evolution of the region and the beliefs and ideas of the groups of humans that they represented.
• Visit Ngorongoro Conservation area - The Ngorongoro Conservation Area (NCA) was established in 1959, most of it having previously belonged to the now famous Serengeti National Park. The main Ngorongoro crater is the world's sixth-largest unbroken caldera of volcanic eruptions. The crater is the flagship tourism feature of the Ngorongoro Conservation Area. The crater sinks to a depth of 610 metres, with a base area covering 260 square kilometres. Ngorongoro also has two other volcanic craters: Olmoti and Empakai famous for their stunning waterfalls and a deep lake with lush green walls. On the leeward side of the Ngorongoro highlands protrudes the iconic Oldonyo Lengai which is an active volcano that last erupted in 2007. It is Tanzania's third highest peak after Mt. Kilimanjaro and Mt. Meru. Lunch is served in picnic style surrounded by natural wonders as well as the exceptional wildlife roaming freely.
• Visit Ngorongoro Crater - Ngorongoro is often described as one of the wonders of the world. Book a guided tour to explore this incredible area and its wildlife, which includes the rare black rhino.
Levies: Rates do not include Tanzania Development Levy which currently stands at US$ 1.5 per person per day including children.
Cancellation / Prepayment: Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please indicate the dates of your stay and check with us the terms and conditions that apply to your requested room.
Payments: Bookings and reservations must be confirmed 90 days prior to your arrival date at the Lodge. Bookings not secured by the appropriate payment will be released.
Children and extra beds
NOT Allowed! Child under 2 years.
Children above 2-16 years: 90% adult rate.
All further older children are charged 95% adult rate per night for extra beds. The maximum number of extra beds/children's cots permitted in a room is one.
Any type of extra bed or child's cot/crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed and authorised.
Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid separately during your stay.
Check-in/check-out: Check-in - 14:00 hrs. Check-out - 11:00 hrs.
Groups: When booking more than 8 rooms at once, different policies on accommodation and transport discounts may apply.
Accepted credit cards: American Express , Visa , Euro/Mastercard , Diners Club
We reserve the right to pre-authorise credit cards prior to your arrival.
• Guarded Complex.
• Pets are not allowed.
• Daily Cleaning Service.
• Airport Shuttle (additional charge).
• Packed lunches.
• Ironing Service (additional charge).
• Laundry (additional charge).
• Room Services.
• Located on 'Great Wildebeest Migration route'.
Airport transfers are available at an additional charge. Please let us know that we need to pick you up at the airport upon your arrival. Do not assume. Some clients do make their own private transport arrangements.