"Please note field marked * is required"
Ruaha Hilltop Lodge is a spectacularly beautiful place, perched part way up a hillside with a dramatic and broad view of the forested plains below. It is a luxurious lodge located on the east of great Ruaha river in Ruaha National park, Tanzania. The hippo and crocodile pool lies to the north-west. Msembe airstrip lies to the north. Facilities include a dining room, bar, lounge and curio shop. The reception, dining room and bar are all located under one roof, with a gallery to enjoy the spectacular African sunrise and sunset. The experienced resident chefs provide both continental and Tanzanian cuisine prepared using fresh ingradients from the local area. The bar is well stocked and also serve fresh juice and bake own bread.
• Accommodation comprises luxury self contained cottages that are very comfortable and private, each with its own balcony with beautiful views of the surrounding forest. There is 24 hours electricity and solar heated bathing water.
Luxury cottages - All units include a fully equipped kitchen, allowing guests to prepare own meals. Some units include a dining area and/or a balcony. Water is heated by solar power. WiFi is available.
✓ self contained cottages ✓ comfortable ✓ private ✓ own balcony ✓ solar heated water ✓ 24 hours electricity ✓ WiFi ✓ wonderfull panoramic views ✓ 2 double beds ✓ fully equipped kitchen ✓ dining area ✓ en-suite bathrooms ✓ mosquito nets ✓ children’s menu ✓ seating areas ✓ private parking.
Dining rooms - The dining room has a gallery for you to enjoy the spectacular African sunrise and sunset. Vegetarian and gluten-free dietary needs are catered for on request. An early morning wake-up call includes tea or coffee in bed. Breakfast includes various pastries, the infamous cinnamon bread, fruit, freshly squeezed orange juice, a traditional hot breakfast, toast and confections. Breakfast can be eaten in the lodge or guests can opt for a highly-recommended bush breakfast that is set up early for guests to catch the African sunrise followed by a picnic breakfast in the bush. Lunch is buffet style and consists of a large variety of salads with meat or chicken dishes accompanied by a variety of delicious breads. Lunchtime pudding consists of fresh fruit desserts and creamy fruit pastries. Tea, coffee and a delicious cake is served each day in the late afternoon. Dinner is a special occasion, with soup or vegetable starter followed by a cleverly created outdoor buffet of steamed vegetables, meat or chicken dishes, and mixed casseroles. Pudding is served with chocolate or zesty and is fruity.
• Outdoor dining - For those who relish the great outdoors, meals can be served on carefully selected spots outdoors so guests can enjoy a dining experience with a difference and with great views of the park and the grassy plains.
Every evening a fire is lit where guests can relax and enjoy the sunset whilst enjoying a drink. Drinks include local beers and wines. Guests can have dinner outside under the stars.
• Bush dining: - It is a dining experience under the stars in the wild. During the yellow season which is from June-December, guests are treated to unforgettable bush dinners under the African night sky in surprise idyllic settings. You can also enjoy a special meal on a carefully selected spot in the bush.
• In the evening you can have a bottle of refreshing beer or glass of wine or some whisky in the comfortable bar lounge. The bar offers a cool atmospehere to relax after a busy day. With sweeping views of the surrounding forest, the bar lounge is the perfect place to come to after a busy day. Come for drinks or simply for a relaxed evening out with family, friend or partner.
Ruaha Hilltop Lodge offers special wedding packages suited for the celebration. Like your wedding and honeymoon, the memories of your Ruaha experience will remain with you forever. Ruaha National park in Tanzania is a unique wedding venue that provides the ideal opportunity for an authentic cultural wedding on carefully selected spots, with the local chief, dancers and choir. Alternatively, your ceremony can be held on the hilltop after a short exciting hike.
Wedding options include: ✓ Photography and videoing of your special day. ✓ Special accommodation packages for the entire wedding party.
The packages includes: accommodation that fits the occassion, romantic dinners for two, breakfast-in-bed and more...)
(Contact us if you wish to use this venue for your weddings, anniversaries, engagements and those special days.)
• Game drives in Ruaha national park - The park covers an area of about 13,000 square kilometres. It is part of a more extensive ecosystem, which includes Rungwa Game Reserve, Usangu Game Reserve, Kizigo Game Reserve and the Mbomipa Wildlife Management Area. The name of the park is derived from the Great Ruaha River, which flows along its South-Eastern margin and is the focus for game-viewing safaris. Ruaha National Park is known for its high density of elephants and large baobab trees. The park also holds a special significance as it covers a unique transition zone where the Eastern and Southern biomes intersect thereby offering an extraordinary diversity of animals, plants and birds. There are over 570 species of birds in this area thereby making Ruaha an ideal birding safari destination. Each morning and afternoon, game drives are arranged to explore Ruaha National Park. The game-viewing vehicles are open-sided with a canvas roof and the canvas sides can be rolled down in case of rain. Ponchos are provided. All vehicles have power points where guests can recharge devices and all are fitted with fridges to keep drinks deliciously frosty. A private game-viewing vehicle can be booked by prior arrangement. In the morning, guests can maximise their game-viewing safari by taking a delicious picnic breakfast to enjoy under the shade of a tree. In the evening, guests can sip a cold gin & tonic in the heart of the bush as the sun sinks below the horizon.
• Night drives - When the sun sets, the elusive night animals come out to life. Explore the secrets of these shy creatures on a night game drive through Ruaha National Park.
• Walking safaris - A walking safari is one the most intimate ways to experience the bush. You will be accompanied by an experienced armed guide and local animal tracker. With an eye-to-eye encounter with the wildlife, your senses will be heightened and the sights, sounds and smells of the bush will come alive.
• Bird walks day out - You will take a bird-walk along the riverline forests accompanied by a local guide expert in the history of the area. For bird enthusiasts, there are over 570 bird species spotted in this area which include: ostrich, kori bustard, ashy starlings, rufous-tailed weavers, yellow-coloured lovebirds, hornbill, crested cranes, marabou storks, yellow-billed stork, oxpeckers and vultures among many more. You will have a checklist of birds that you can use to identify which birds you spot. You will carry a lunch box with you for this day out.
• Cultural tours - Visit the local Hehe tribal villages and cultural villages. You will have the opportunity to learn their ways of life. They can cook a meal for you. You can also visit the Masai bomas to watch displays of their traditional dancing. You could also take a trip to the Ismila Stone Age site. (bicycles are available for hire.)
• Mountain hike - The lodge is located on a hill thereby offering the perfect opportunity to hike to various points of interest. The most popular hiking route will take you to lderemle volcanic caves.
• Iringa day out - Take a day trip to Iringa town. On the way enjoy the stunning views of the meandering great Ruaha river. After lunch visit this old historical town. Points of interest include visits to the old market built by the Germans, World war 1 and 2 graves, German colonial settlements and the local shops.
• Mufindi day out - You will head to Mufindi and on the way, visit the Mufindi tea plantations. You will have a packed lunch at Ngwazi lake then do some fishing and later drive back to the lodge. • Hot-air balloon safaris There is nothing quite like gliding serenely over the vast plains of Ruaha as the wildlife teems below, on a romantic and evocative balloon safari. This will be at an additional cost
Levies: Rates do not include Tanzania Development Levy which currently stands at US$ 1.5 per person per day including children.
Cancellation / Prepayment: Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please indicate the dates of your stay and check with us the terms and conditions that apply to your requested room.
Payments: Bookings and reservations must be confirmed 90 days prior to your arrival date at the Lodge. Bookings not secured by the appropriate payment will be released.
Children and extra beds
Free! Child under 2 years.
Children above 2-7 years: 75% adult rate.
Children above 8-16 years: 90% adult rate.
All further older children are charged 95% adult rate per night for extra beds. The maximum number of extra beds/children's cots permitted in a room is one.
Any type of extra bed or child's cot/crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed and authorised.
Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid separately during your stay.
Check-in/check-out: Check-in - 14:00 hrs. Check-out - 11:00 hrs.
Groups: When booking more than 8 rooms at once, different policies on accommodation and transport discounts may apply.
Accepted credit cards: American Express , Visa , Euro/Mastercard , Diners Club
We reserve the right to pre-authorise credit cards prior to your arrival.
• Guarded Complex.
• Pets are not allowed.
• Daily Cleaning Service.
• Airport Shuttle (additional charge).
• Packed lunches.
• Ironing Service (additional charge).
• Laundry (additional charge).
• Room Services.
• Located on 'Southern safari circuit'.
The camp is accessible through Msembe airstrip at Msembe park headquarters and Jongomero Airstrip near the Jongomero Ranger Post. Airport transfers are available at an additional charge. Please let us know that we need to pick you up at the airport upon your arrival. Do not assume. Some clients do make their own private transport arrangements.