"Please note field marked * is required"
• Southern Sun Dar es Salaam offers exceptional hospitality in an elegant neighbourhood. Available are 152 en-suite rooms which are beautifully decorated and equipped with all the comforts distributed as follows: ✓ 10 executive rooms, ✓ 140 standard rooms and ✓ 2 suites.
In-room comforts include television with DStv and DVD player, comfortable seating, fully stocked mini-bar, tea and coffee making facilities and other amenities that enhance your stay.
They have extra space and even more amenities. Suites have a lounge area, work station and en-suite bathrooms with scenic shower. In-room comforts include television with DStv and DVD player, comfortable seating and fully stocked mini-bar
They have a work desk and en-suite bathroom with bath and shower. These rooms are fitted with air-conditioning, free WiFi, television with DStv, fully stocked mini-bar on request and other amenities that add to your comfort. Executive Rooms are the perfect choice for business travellers.
They have en-suite bathroom with bath and shower, as well as scenic views. All rooms are equipped with air-conditioning, work desk and free WiFi
• Safety Deposit Boxes
• Babysitting services,
• Laundry / Dry Cleaning
• 24hrs Room Service
• Storage room
• Daily Newspaper
Beds: Guests of the hotel may request a crib/cot (infant beds) for FREE!.
Note: Accommodation in this hotel can be BOOKED separately or with a Safari. (see safaris)
Southern Sun Dar es Salaam offers guests a select range of restaurants, bars and lounges that appeal to all tastes and preferences.
• Baraza Café, Grill and Bar: It offers local Tanzanian cuisine with traditional Arabic and African influences. It is open for lunch and dinner. Diners can enjoy mouth-watering steaks, fresh seafood and traditional Swahili dishes. Dishes out of the ordinary include one of the Chef’s weekly specials. If you are in the mood for a quiet cup of coffee, a relaxing drink after work or a delicious meal: Baraza Café, Grill and Bar is the place to be.
• Kivulini Restaurant: It offers buffet breakfast every morning. The Restaurant has beautiful views over the swimming pool and neighbouring Botanical Gardens. Guests who wish to host a private dinner, cocktail party, birthday celebration or other event in Dar es Salaam, will find that Kivulini Restaurant is the ideal function venue.
• Pool restaurant: It serves tea and coffee with light snacks by the pool side.
• With sweeping views of the Dar es Salaam skyline, the bar lounge is the perfect place to come to after work. There is a cool breeze. Come for drinks or simply for a relaxed evening out with a friend or partner.
• Outdoor swimming pool - The outdoor pool is located in the garden and has a balmy, consistent temperature of 25 degrees Celsius.
• KW Gym - The hotel gym is accessible to all guests including running, synchro, step, rowing and cycling machines as well as free weights. The Southern Sun Hotel gymnasium also offers aerobics and yoga classes.
There is FREE ample parking for hotel guests.
Other activities include:
- Table tennis.
Spa: It offers services which include massages, facials, manicures and pedicures. The spa facilities include a steam bath and a sauna. The spa is designed to meet your most discerning expectations while in Dar es salaam.
Business & Conferencing:
Enjoy professional and efficient conference facilities in Dar es Salaam. Southern Sun Dar es Salaam offers a convenient conference and meeting room in the heart of the city. The hotel offers airport transfer and taxi services. The conferencing facilities are perfectly designed to meet different meetings requirements.
• Kikao conference room - It is an ideal place for hosting anything from smaller boardroom meetings, workshops, seminars and other business events in Dar es Salaam's CBD. This conference room holds up to 35 people.
• Julius Nyere Internation Convention Centre (JNICC) – It is a state of the art venue located right opposite the hotel. It includes 12 different conference rooms, with the largest accommodating over 1,000 people.
• Private Business Dinners and Cocktails - The hotel can host private business dinners and cocktail parties in its Kivulini restaurant. Menus and catering services for private functions can be tailored to suit your individual requirements.
Conferencing includes: • Audio-visual equipment and secretarial assistance available • Photocopying, fax, telephone, and stationery offered • Personalised conference coordinator • Business centre and WI-FI • Event facilities • Free Parking • Airport Pickup • Car Hire.
Flip charts, telephone, WiFi, & high speed internet services are available.
(Make enquiries if you wish to use this venue for your events.)
• Weddings are special. On offer are special wedding packages suited for the celebration. The packages includes: accommodation that fits the occassion, romantic dinners for two, breakfast-in-bed and more...)
(Contact us if you wish to use this venue for your weddings, anniversaries, engagements and those special days.)
• Dar es Salaam - is known as one of the best place in East Africa for buying African curios, souvenirs, traditional fabrics, beads, pottery, rugs, woven artifacts and wool.
Top Local Attractions:
• Zoo & Museum - Guests can have a day out at the zoo and museum.
• Bongoyo and Mbudya Islands - Guests can enjoy a boat ride to Bongoyo and Mbudya Islands. Boat services run back and forth between the islands daily.
• Botanical Gardens - The hotel is a convenient base from which guests can have a day out at the
• Tanzania’s game reserves - The hotel serves as a convenient base from which to discover Tanzania’s game reserves. The game parks have a large number of buffalo, hippo, crocodile, wild dog, lion, leopard, impala, antelope and lots more.
• Beach lovers - For beach lovers the hotel is near the beautiful South Beach, with its pristine, powdery white sand and crystal clear waters. Here guest can enjoy sun and sand.
• The Slipway Craft Market - It is also nearby and has a number of stalls and shops selling local crafts, artwork, carvings, materials and trinkets.
Cancellation / Prepayment:
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please indicate the dates of your stay and check with us the terms and conditions that apply to your requested room.
Children and extra beds
Free! One child from 0 to 3 years stays free of charge in a child's cot/crib.
The maximum number of extra beds/children's cots permitted in a room is one.
Any type of extra bed or child's cot/crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed and authorised.
Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid separately during your stay.
Groups: When booking more than 8 rooms at once, different policies on accommodation and transport discounts may apply.
Accepted credit cards: American Express , Visa , Euro/Mastercard , Diners Club
We reserve the right to pre-authorise credit cards prior to your arrival.
• 24hr Electricity.
• Guarded Complex.
• Security Guard.
Airport transfers from Julius Nyerere International airport are available. Please let us know that we need to pick you up at the airport upon your arrival. Do not assume. Some clients do make their own private transport arrangements.