"Please note field marked * is required"
Unguja Lodge is built on a coral cliff beside the twinkling waters of Menai Bay Zanzibar, Tanzania which teem with bottlenose and humpback dolphins. The hotel is located near the village of Kizimkazi Mkunguni at the southern tip of Zanzibar on a brilliant white sandy beach that disappears at high tide. Breakfast comprises fresh fruits, eggs, toast and pancakes while three hot options at lunch time and a three-course menu at dinner are on offer. Food is served throughout the day. The lodge offers 12 tastefully designed villas offering the ultimate luxury for the holidaymaker visiting Zanzibar. They are distributed as follows:
• 7 sea view villas.
• 3 baobab villas.
• 2 family houses. They come with 2 additional bedrooms upstairs.
All of them are open air, with huge thatched roofs that efficiently circulate the sea breeze and curvaceous walls that screen bathrooms and showers. The baobab villas are set back from the seafront beneath some ancient baobab trees and come with individual whirlpool plunge pools and air-conditioning.
Features: ✓ Satellite television ✓ Free WiFi ✓ Free private parking ✓ Sitting area ✓ Air-conditioning ✓ Telephone ✓ Mini-bar ✓ Tea & coffee making facilities ✓ Hairdryer ✓ En-suite bathrooms ✓ Whirlpool plunge pools ✓ Toiletries. ✓ Babysitting services are provided at a small cost.
Note 2: Accommodation in this hotel can be BOOKED separately or with a Safari. (see safaris)
• On-site restaurant - The experienced Chef Nyerere prepares À la carte menu meals that are a fusion dishes with a European slant, as well as barbeques and the occasional Swahili buffet. A vegetarian option is always offered. Food is served throughout the day with a lighter menu of snacks and salads. Packed lunches are available at the property.
• Main Bar - It is presented in traditional Makuti style. With sweeping views of the ocean, the bar lounge is the perfect place to come to after work. There is a cool breeze. Come for drinks or simply for a relaxed evening out with a friend or partner.
• Swimming pools - Enjoy the comfortable pool beds and daily fresh towels at the outdoor pools. The sun-deck will offer you scenic views of the Indian Ocean while giving you hours of sunbathing pleasure.
• Gym - The hotel gym is accessible to all guests including running, synchro, step, rowing and cycling machines as well as free weights.
There is FREE ample parking for hotel guests.
Other activities include:
- Water sports.
• Spa: It offers services which include massages, facials, manicures and pedicures. The spa facilities include a steam bath and a sauna. The spa is designed to meet your most discerning expectations while in Zanzibar.
• Ocean activities - Menai Bay is said to provide good snorkelling sites. Coral reefs provide brilliant sightings of colourful reef fish, turtles and many species of dolphin, while the deeper Indian Ocean gives you the chance to see humpback dolphins.
Other activities include: Snorkeling, fishing, island-hoping in a traditional boat and swimming in open waters with dolphins.
• Visit a spice plantation - Zanzibar is commonly known as the Spice Island. The air is a good mix of cinnamon, cloves, vanilla and pepper. Visit a spice plantation and learn about the tropical plants and spices that are grown on the Island that make it the spice island.
• Zanzibar tour - The island of Zanzibar, known locally as Ugunja is a beautiful and historically rich destination. Stone town offers many historic attractions. Other activities include colorful island adventures.
• Visit Tanzania’s game reserves - The hotel serves as a convenient base from which to discover Tanzania’s game reserves. The game parks northern circuit have a large number of buffalo, hippo, crocodile, wild dog, lion, leopard, impala, antelope and lots more. You can also choose to join the Tanzanian southern circuit from here.
• Climb Mt. Kilimanjaro - Climb the mighty snow-capped Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania standing at 19,341 feet. Mt. Kilimanjaro is undoubtedly the mountain climbers paradise in Africa.
Cancellation / Prepayment:
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please indicate the dates of your stay and check with us the terms and conditions that apply to your requested room.
Children and extra beds
Free! Child under 5 years sharing a room with 1-2 adults.
Children above 6-12 years: 90% adult rate.
Children above 12 years: Full adult rate.
The maximum number of extra beds/children's cots permitted in a room is one.
Any type of extra bed or child's cot/crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed and authorised.
Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid separately during your stay.
Check-in/check-out: Check-in - 14:00 hrs. Check-out - 11:00 hrs.
Day rooms are available from 11:00 – 18:00 hrs at 75% of room rate.
Groups: When booking more than 9 rooms at once, different policies on accommodation and transport discounts may apply.
Accepted credit cards: American Express , Visa , Euro/Mastercard , Diners Club
We reserve the right to pre-authorise credit cards prior to your arrival.
• 24hr Electricity.
• Guarded Complex.
• Pets are not allowed.
• Plugs are 240 V.
• Daily Cleaning Service.
• Airport Shuttle (additional charge).
• Private Check-in/Check-out.
• Packed lunches.
• Ironing Service (additional charge).
• Laundry (additional charge).
• Babysitting/Child Services (additional charge).
• Room Service.
• Languages spoken - Swahili, Dutch, English.
• Nearest airport is Kisauni Airport about 38.6 km away.
Airport transfers from Kisauni Airport are available. Please let us know that we need to pick you up at the airport upon your arrival. Do not assume. Some clients do make their own private transport arrangements.