"Please note field marked * is required"
Zanzibar Serena Hotel is located on the sea-front of ancient Stone Town in Zanzibar. It is perfectly situated at the tip of the Shangani Peninsula. The hotel is part of Serena hotels chain. The hotel is only five-minutes walk to Portuguese Fort and Forodhani Gardens. All-day Baharia restaurant serves buffet breakfast and continental evening menus featuring fresh fish, traditional curries and rice dishes. Other eateries include: Mdele coffee shop, Masahani bar and Terrace seafood restaurant. On offer are 51 rooms across the first and second floor. They consist of 41 standard rooms, 6 larger prime rooms with private balconies and 4 suites with sea views and separate sitting areas. All the rooms are decorated in faux Swahili style with carved beds draped in mosquito nets, kilim rugs and brass lamps.
• Suites - They enjoy sweeping views across the Zanzibar waterfront and have access to its own private beach facility.
• Prime Rooms - They are exceptionally spacious presented in traditional Swahili style featuring traditional niches, fretwork cabinets and brightly coloured coastal cotton soft furnishings in cool blue.
• Standard Rooms - Each room has either a king-sized bed with mosquito netting or twin beds.
Room service: On offer is a 24-hour room service, which features an extensive menu offering everything from the classic club sandwich to a delicately-spiced curry.
Features: ✓ Flat-screen TVs ✓ Satellite television ✓ Wireless Internet access ✓ Air-conditioning ✓ Personal safe ✓ Telephone ✓ Mini-bar ✓ Tea & coffee making facilities ✓ Hairdryer ✓ En-suite bathrooms ✓ Toiletries.
Note 2: Accommodation in this hotel can be BOOKED separately or with a Safari. (see safaris)
• The Baharia Restaurant - The Baharia Restaurant in Stone Town offers all-day international and Swahili cuisine.
• The Terrace Restaurant - It is located on the roof of the Hotel. It is an exclusive open-air Terrace Restaurant which looks out over the bay and features a supreme selection of freshly-caught sea food.
• The Pool Terrace - It has indoor and outdoor seating areas that overlooks the pool terrace. A wide range of drinks and snacks are served all day long.
• The Mdele Coffee Shop - It lies adjacent to the pool. The coffee Shop offers traditional Swahili coffee, fresh-baked pastries and a wide range of international beverages and snacks.
• The Mangapwani Beach Barbeque - It is only a short drive from the Zanzibar Serena Hotel which is Serena's exclusive beach hideaway. It offers a superb Swahili seafood lunch buffets.
• The Masahani Bar - It is presented in traditional Swahili style, the Bar also offers performances by traditional Taarab orchestras.
• Swimming pool - Enjoy the comfortable pool beds and daily fresh towels at the outdoor pool. The sun-deck will offer you scenic views of the Indian Ocean while giving you hours of sunbathing pleasure.
• Gym - The hotel gym is accessible to all guests including running, synchro, step, rowing and cycling machines as well as free weights.
There is FREE ample parking for hotel guests.
Other activities include:
- Water sports.
• Spa: It offers services which include massages, facials, manicures and pedicures. The spa facilities include a steam bath and a sauna. The spa is designed to meet your most discerning expectations while in Zanzibar.
Business & Conferencing:
Meeting and conference rooms are decorated in traditional Zanzibar style. They can accommodate up to 40 participants in a range of different room layouts.
The business centre is equipped with a range of office technology which include PCs with high-speed internet, printers, a photocopier and other services upon request.
Conferencing includes: • PA system, • table microphones • cordless microphones • TV/Video/DVD • LCD projector/screen • podium • white boards/flip charts and markers • Wi-Fi connectivity • Delegate pads • pens/pencils • 1-litre mineral water • secretarial services • photo-copying • registration staff • conference organization support • floral services • 24-hour generator back-up • concierge services • Limousine and taxi services • ‘Meet and greet' services • wide range of CEO suites • team-building programmes.
Flip charts, telephone, WiFi, & high speed internet services are available.
(Make enquiries if you wish to use this venue for your events.)
Zanzibar Serena Hotel offers special wedding packages suited for the celebration.
Wedding options include: ✓ Flower-bowered, sea-terrace ceremony ✓ Swahili bedecked cocktail reception by the pool ✓ Wedding reception in the former Sultan Hamoud's residential palace, the ‘House of Wonders' or in the newly-restored Old Dispensary, one of Zanzibar's finest historic buildings ✓ Wedding on a traditional dhow ✓ Wedding on a deserted island in the Zanzibar Channel ✓ Traditional henna body decoration for the bride ✓ A beach wedding at our Mangapwani Serena Beach Club ✓ Swahili cultural entertainment, dance and song ✓ Taarab orchestra or local choir ✓ Photography and videoing of your special day. ✓ Special accommodation packages for the entire wedding party.
The packages includes: accommodation that fits the occassion, romantic dinners for two, breakfast-in-bed and more...)
(Contact us if you wish to use this venue for your weddings, anniversaries, engagements and those special days.)
• Zanzibar tour - The island of Zanzibar, known locally as Ugunja is a beautiful and historically rich destination. It offers many attractions including colorful island adventures.
• Visit Tanzania’s game reserves - The hotel serves as a convenient base from which to discover Tanzania’s game reserves. The game parks northern circuit have a large number of buffalo, hippo, crocodile, wild dog, lion, leopard, impala, antelope and lots more. You can also choose to join the Tanzanian southern circuit from here.
• Climb Mt. Kilimanjaro - Climb the mighty snow-capped Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania standing at 19,341 feet. Mt. Kilimanjaro is undoubtedly the mountain climbers paradise in Africa.
Other activities include: Snorkeling, fishing, island-hoping in a traditional boat, swimming in open waters with dolphins, spice tours and visiting stone town.
Cancellation / Prepayment:
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please indicate the dates of your stay and check with us the terms and conditions that apply to your requested room.
Children and extra beds
Free! Child under 5 years sharing a room with 1-2 adults.
Children above 6-12 years: 90% adult rate.
Children above 12 years: Full adult rate.
The maximum number of extra beds/children's cots permitted in a room is one.
Any type of extra bed or child's cot/crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed and authorised.
Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid separately during your stay.
Check-in/check-out: Check-in - 14:00 hrs. Check-out - 12:00 noon.
Day rooms are available from 10:00 – 18:00 hrs at 75% of room rate.
Groups: When booking more than 9 rooms at once, different policies on accommodation and transport discounts may apply.
Accepted credit cards: American Express , Visa , Euro/Mastercard , Diners Club
We reserve the right to pre-authorise credit cards prior to your arrival.
• 24hr Electricity.
• Guarded Complex.
• Pets are not allowed.
• Plugs are 240 V.
Airport transfers from Zanzibar International airport are available. Please let us know that we need to pick you up at the airport upon your arrival. Do not assume. Some clients do make their own private transport arrangements.